xfx6600 or gainward 6600??

gainward or xfx

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

supersaiyan

In the zone
hey there! i am still assembling my gaming rig and am confused whether should i buy gainward 6600 or xfx 6600 agp version.

Delpiero

Journeyman
The bundle of gainward sucks but the card is great and that makes it less expensive than other cards. XFX is pretty good , nice card and games are also included. Bui i think Gainward is better than XFX.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Gainwards all the way if u want the absolute best ! XFX is good for those on tight budget, but the lower clocked memory and other stuff done to the cards to reduce price are downright stupid !

rohanbee

Padawan
XFX is always the first with a card for any GPU that either nvidia or ATI bring and they do miss out a lot ............

Go with gainward unless there are budget constraints like already told to you by our friend above.....

G

gxsaurav

Gainward will be better, as XFX cards come factory overclocked which can give problemn

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
rohanbee said:
XFX is always the first with a card for any GPU that either nvidia or ATI bring and they do miss out a lot ............

Go with gainward unless there are budget constraints like already told to you by our friend above.....
XFX is Nvidia tier 1 level board manufactuer. and no it doesnt make cards based on ATi GPU's. But the kinda low handed tricks they pull put in countries like India often makes you wonder whether or not to trust them. This is from experience after buying a certain xfx product. Once i thought they only cut features on low end models to save prices but they do this on hi-end cards too :x which is not fair. I'd suggest xfx as the last resort...............

OP
S

supersaiyan

In the zone
i checked out techtree guides. they said that the gainward version is much better but in their assembling a gaming rig for 50k-60k they have chosen the xfx one? extremely confused :? :? :cry: help!!!
(i know this is crazy but a supersaiyan never cries for help)

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
supersaiyan said:
i checked out techtree guides. they said that the gainward version is much better but in their assembling a gaming rig for 50k-60k they have chosen the xfx one? extremely confused :? :? :cry: help!!!
(i know this is crazy but a supersaiyan never cries for help)

Thats a 6600GT they have mentioned ! Either u have mistyped or are confused between the 6600 and 6600GT, both are different chips dude.

EDIT: Saw that u have posted abt the xfx 6600AGP version, but the 6600 is yet to come out in agp flavour, so it seems like you are referring to the 6600GT. Plz clear up the issue.

2nd edit: In that case, mediatech still hasnt imported the gainward 6600GT but mediatech has said that they will have a shipment soon, so if u are in a hurry then u might have 2 go with xfx. Also chk out if gigabyte has a 6600GT ready with sejutronics.

rohanbee

Padawan
Thanks for corecting my mistake on xfx and nvidia blade. Yes you are right about them not making cards for ATi :lol:

Anyways whats the price of the gainward 6600GT, the plain jane xfx 6600 was quoted at 15000 to me a month back.........

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
rohanbee said:
Thanks for corecting my mistake on xfx and nvidia blade. Yes you are right about them not making cards for ATi :lol:

Anyways whats the price of the gainward 6600GT, the plain jane xfx 6600 was quoted at 15000 to me a month back.........

Some1 at TA recently got this news from a inside source that the new Gainward 6600Gts are gonna be priced 1-2 lower than the XFX official prices.
So i think the wait would be worth it ;)

[flAsh]

In the zone
Gainward is the best nVidia GFX card manufacturer availble in India especially their Golden Samples. nothing can beat their Golden Samples not even brands like Leadtek or BFG or eVGA b'coz first they r overclocked and 2nd they overclock like rocket and third their cooling is superb & thus no need of a separate GPU cooler. so gainward is the way 2 go if u need a golden sample. and 100mhz memory overclock in XFX than gainward doen't makes a lot of difference. check out the reviews at web man.

borg

In the zone
Are there any cards based on the 6600? I mean the plain 6600?. I haven't seen many of them. How does it compare?

OP
S

supersaiyan

In the zone
i have finally assembled my rig. amd 2800+, amd k8v-x, gainward 6600gt,seagate barracude 160gb hdd, 2*512mb hynix rams, samsung monitor 17inch creative inspire speakers 5.1 old compaq keyboard and logitech optical mouse, old samsung dvd drive, old 1999 floppy drive(got with the compaq presario 5000) one more question. why haven't digit included the 6600 in their reviews for jan.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
supersaiyan said:
i have finally assembled my rig. amd 2800+, amd k8v-x, gainward 6600gt,seagate barracude 160gb hdd, 2*512mb hynix rams, samsung monitor 17inch creative inspire speakers 5.1 old compaq keyboard and logitech optical mouse, old samsung dvd drive, old 1999 floppy drive(got with the compaq presario 5000) one more question. why haven't digit included the 6600 in their reviews for jan.

Wud u mind sharing the price on the Gainward 6600GT and the clock rates too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom