XFX launches 9600GT in India!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abheek

Broken In
Source - www.Tech2.com

XView attachment 1603

View attachment 1604

XFX today announced the arrival of its latest premium product XFX GEFORCE 9600 GT.

This new card supports next-generation GeForce graphics with PureVideo HD technology, which enables the PC to play HD DVD and Blu-ray video playback with brilliant clarity. This card is also the first product in the 9600 GT series to offer up to 90 percent greater performance than any GeForce card in its class. It supports Microsoft DirectX 10 support, NVIDIA’s Quantum Effects technology, Lumenex engine as well as Unified Architecture ensuring optimium game performance.

It standard runs at a core speed of 650 MHz, with XFX overclocked versions available in the Extreme and XXX editions pushing 680 MHz and 700 MHz. The 9600 GT is HDMI capable with the use of HDMI certified components. The 9600 GT XXX edition is fully HDMI certified and includes a HDMI component kit and Company of Heroes DVD as a bonus game bundle.

The 9600 graphics card is available with Rashi Peripherals and its nationwide branches across India at an estimated street price of Rs. 13990 with a 3 year warranty.

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Its 14k.A bit overpriced.Anyways,price would be reducing soon.I think i'll be buying a desktop in march and (hopefully) this monster would be mine.

OP
Abheek

Abheek

Broken In
Thats ok dude, but u need a PCI-E 2.0 compatible board for this baby! These boards are quite expensive. Better to take a mid range pc and upgrade to AMD phenom and a pci-e 2.0 mother board after a year. By then we should hopefully see DDR 3 on AMD platforms too.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Are you sure about that?
I thought these PCI-E 2.0 cards could run on the older PCI-E slots... :confused:

Count Dracula

Journeyman
I'll forget the thought then,And follow your advice,I am bit of a n00b in this matter anyways.But I am tired of my current p4 1.7ghz pc.Lol.

OP
Abheek

Abheek

Broken In
^^Are you sure about that?
I thought these PCI-E 2.0 cards could run on the older PCI-E slots... :confused:

I am absolutely certain. They aint backward compatible as they offer twicw as much bandwith compared to the current PCI-E 1.1.

The foll was on the Nvidia website at *www.nvidia.com/page/pci_express.html

While NVIDIA's PCI Express 1.1 solutions deliver a high level of computer performance surpassing AGP and PCI buses, NVIDIA leads the industry in developing cutting-edge high speed interfaces like PCI Express 2.0. NVIDIA’s PCI Express 2.0 solutions double the bandwidth of the existing PCI Express bus enabling NVIDIA’s Desktop, Mobile and Professional products to deliver faster graphics and enhanced system performance for every type of computer user. NVIDIA is pleased to introduce in October 2007, the world's first PCIe Gen2 Graphics Card, the GeForce 8800 GT.

Along with higher performance, NVIDIA's PCI Express 2.0 solutions support Advanced Power Management features, leading the industry to optimize overall system energy efficiency.

View attachment 1605

OP
Abheek

Abheek

Broken In
I'll forget the thought then, and follow your advice, I am bit of a n00b in this matter anyways.But I am tired of my current p4 1.7ghz pc.Lol.

Smart of u dude!

I have also noticed on some web sites that the price of an AMD Phenom X4 is between 8-11000 bucks. The price will fall drastically in a year’s time.

Voldy

The Dark lord
Ahh too priceee 13+k still alot wouldnt have that much money to spend on that beast but thanks for the info

OP
Abheek

Abheek

Broken In
One more year with my p4!.I can do it...

No! No! u dont have to stick back with that, You can upgrade to a new system but not spend too much. I suggest the foll temp config,

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (Rs. 3700)
socket AM2
2200MHz FSB

ASUS M2N VM DVI (Rs. 4000)
Nvidia nforce 630a + geforce 7050PV Chipset

Transend DDR2 667 MHZ 1 GB ram (Rs. 850)

You can upgrade your HDD and Opticle drive as necessary.
The whole thing shouldnt cross 16500Rs., considering u take a new case and power supply in addition to a 250GB seagate SATA 2 HDD + Samsung SH203 DVD writer.

I like AMD because of their price to performence ratio and the fact that u get grand mother boards for extremely less prices.

Happy upgrading!!

Count Dracula

Journeyman
I dont game much.But eww,1.7ghz.
Hmm..I can forget 9600GT and opt for that Ati 3870 or something.But every game is being optimised for Nvidia.Thats sad.And my second best choice would be to stick to 8600GT.Better stick to 8600GT,I am not a serious gamer.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
13k ... too much. MSI 8800GT 512mb is a much better option for the same price.
pcie 2.0 cards are compatible with pcie 1.1 slots ( most mobo's run fine but via chipset mobo's dont support 8800GT ) .

pcie 2.0 offers twice the bandwidth as that of pcie 1.1 but today's cards are just saturating the bandwidth of pcie 1.1 and are far from using the extra bandwidth pcie 2.0 offers. .

wats the street price of hd3870 ?

Pathik

Google Bot
They ll be vfm when they reach 7-8k.
BTW yea these PCIe2.0 cards ll work on older PCIe x16 slots. Just that the bandwidth ll be reduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom