Xeon vs Core i5

crazypal24x7

Broken In
Hi

Just that had finalized Core i5 4440 with B85-D3H but read few post and that xeon is better or atleast as good as Core i5 in de same price bracket ,so would like to commence a talk which is better Xeon or Core i5 with out K for Desktop,

Last edited:

SunE

Professional Newbie
If you'll be using a separate graphics card then Xeon would get my vote. These Xeons are basically Core i7s without the iGPU. You can even get one with a iGPU but it's cost is higher. Xeons are not that famous and thus are available at a cheaper rate.

OP
C

crazypal24x7

Broken In
If you'll be using a separate graphics card then Xeon would get my vote. These Xeons are basically Core i7s without the iGPU. You can even get one with a iGPU but it's cost is higher. Xeons are not that famous and thus are available at a cheaper rate.

not Famous ? Wht might be the reason for dat ?

Xeon will cost more than an i5 4440. It will cost ~16k.

Would it be worth spending ~ 4K more + for GPU

if your priority is not gaming then surely xeon..

Yup, My preference is development does it have low end iGPU within the same price bracket or I need to buy a new GPU

Last edited:

beingGamer

In the zone
Hi Crazypal..
i had created a similar thread on this forum
visit this post, it will definitely help you :)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/180020-intel-xeon-vs-i5-gaming-pc.html#post2045754

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

all xeons are not basically core i7s. because there are xeons which do not support hyperthreading and will be same as core i5s..
so, @op, check the specs before buying.

SunE

Professional Newbie
all xeons are not basically core i7s. because there are xeons which do not support hyperthreading and will be same as core i5s..
so, @op, check the specs before buying.

Yeah I know that but I assumed OP was talking about the ones that are.

Top Bottom