Xenforo Feedback Thread

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
For me Digit was running properly since 11am this morning to until now.
When did this happen?

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
For me Digit was running properly since 11am this morning to until now.
When did this happen?

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk
When you were Sleeping

This was the error:

1649253689982.png

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Actually they are too busy since they are all Digit employees and have a day job. So it's not their fault.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
shows professionalism of digit team this is a tech forum they cant manage basic database stuff
Easier said than done.

Tech stuff is not as straightforward as people think it is. Things don't always work the way they are supposed to. A minor connectivity issue can cause database connection to go down for hours. Worse still, many times it takes hours just to figure out what's wrong when apparently nothing had changed but things just stopped working.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
shows professionalism of digit team this is a tech forum they cant manage basic database stuff
You would be surprised to know how little many bank employees know about their own bank internet banking/credit card/debit card features. Operating a tech site does not mean everyone or even some of the staff are experts in database management.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Easier said than done.

Tech stuff is not as straightforward as people think it is. Things don't always work the way they are supposed to. A minor connectivity issue can cause database connection to go down for hours. Worse still, many times it takes hours just to figure out what's wrong when apparently nothing had changed but things just stopped working.
I agree but their rival forums like te doing pretty well compared to digit They implemented xenforo pretty early too and their site is very stable no downtime at all

Sent from my M2006C3LI using Tapatalk

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I agree but their rival forums like te doing pretty well compared to digit They implemented xenforo pretty early too and their site is very stable no downtime at all

Sent from my M2006C3LI using Tapatalk
Managing a Forum is not easy. You need a dedicated team who can handle all downtime issues and the cost involved (server/maintenance etc). Many small forums go down due to this.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
This suggestion is more for digit forum and news website.

You must have known about team-BHP forums. I recently noticed, they were taking questions and top replies from questions asked in their forums and making news/article pages with them.

This can be implemented by digit also with this forum too. This will help both digit and forum as more people looking for solution to some common/unique problems will get to know about digit forum and also will increase reach of digit news pages.

Here is a sample
*www.team-bhp.com/news/should-i-buy-scorpio-n-or-take-delivery-my-alloted-xuv-700

*www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/253477-dealership-asking-me-buy-motorcycle-i-test-rode.html

This also occasionally pops in my google now news feed in chrome or Google app.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You must have known about team-BHP forums. I recently noticed, they were taking questions and top replies from questions asked in their forums and making news/article pages with them.
I think this was done in digit magazine earlier and probably still being done. I've had answers I've written on the forum printed in the magazine many years back.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
IIRC Digit already had that segregation. I think things got changed after the major overhaul few years back.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Saw the message announcing linking to external sites be not allowed anymore(hyperlinks changes to normal texts like: www.google.com). Any info if it's a digit decision or xenforo limitation? Done for combating spam? Would personally love for them to come back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom