XCOM Enemy Unknown Discussion

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Well to get promotions quickly, also going near them is a risky because if you miss them then they won't miss you.

Anyway now I have a squad full of colonels and damn sniper with all the perks is like a non stop killing machine. Anything he sees without cover and then BAM, also the damage deal is 10 so most of enemies are gone in one shot and if not just a simple shot away from death anyway. Really liked the sniper with that Archangel Armor, get to high ground automatically and eliminate all the enemies. DEATH FROM ABOVE. :D:D

bippukt

In the zone
The Sniper is great in most missions. The only ones where he performed sub-par for me were the missions where a lot of movement was involved, like terror missions. The Sniper is also your ticket to a win over the last boss. Without mine, I would never have won. Of course, you might discover another way to win the fight ;)

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah corridor missions where there is no clear high ground are bad for me as I can't kill multiple enemies in one go with the sniper. When I got that perk for first time then around 5 enemies were there and I was thinking what to do to save the soldiers and then I accidently pressed tab and then the killing started. :D:D

bippukt

In the zone
Nope, they are gone forever. Despite all my efforts, I couldn't stop Australia from leaving. Missed the achievement :(

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Started this game again from the start as I bought this in the Winter Sales. Also modded this game for the graphical enhancements. Haven't installed any mods so far which change the gameplay in any manner.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Started this game again from the start as I bought this in the Winter Sales. Also modded this game for the graphical enhancements. Haven't installed any mods so far which change the gameplay in any manner.

Darn those abduction missions. They always give you choice between 3 and out of them 2 will be pissed. Need Satellites more and more.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
It seems like I am the only one playing this game so spamming this thread, the hell with it. I am gonna continue this spree even if nobody comes here. :D

Bhargav

In the zone
It seems like I am the only one playing this game so spamming this thread, the hell with it. I am gonna continue this spree even if nobody comes here. :D

lol dont worry abt it

Btw in this summer sell i ll buy the DLC XCOM: Enemy Within coz i also love this game

Bhargav

In the zone
whic solder is ur fav ?

i used to take 2x sniper in every mission and also the i was using shotgun more on assault class

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
whic solder is ur fav ?

i used to take 2x sniper in every mission and also the i was using shotgun more on assault class

My Ideal team setup

2* Sniper (Both Sqaudsight)
2* Support (So that I can always come back with no injuries)
1* Assault (Shotgun so that I can kill one enemy instantly using rapidfire)
1* Heavy (Situational for their rockets)

In all cases I always try to kill all the enemies which are visible to me in that turn itself, Sniper with In the zone really helps. In one instant I had killed 3 mutons + 4 Floater + 3 Crystallids in one turn. Rocket them, grenade them (Alien Grenade) and after that there will be cover so sniper can finish them off if any remaining.

BTW what will do I require to resist Mind control. In Assault Base mission, the sectoid commander mind controlled my colonel support, but well it was a part of my plan to stun that commander but still the last thing I want on the battlefield is 20+ health assault turning against me with their best weapon and armor.

Whats the minimum will required to resist it ??

Last edited:
Top Bottom