TOO MANY XCLUSIVELY FOR XP NO ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT FOR 9x
THIS NOT FAIR WHAT DO U GUYS SAY
AND DOES ANY BODY HAVE ANY SOLUTION TO RUN THESE EXCLUSIVELY XP THINGS ON 9x

GOT 810 CELERON WITH 128 RAM SO CAN USE XP

ANY SUGGESTION OR VIEWS ON THIS TOPIC

aadipa

Padawan
First thing first: STOP SHOUTING. [BLOCK means Shouting]

About xp only softwares, Win9x is too old (>7 years) as so MS is not going to provide any further support. Thus no application vendor is taking 9x as development target.

OP
C

cyboincomp

Broken In
firstly
to put a valid point across u need to shout
sorry if any one felt bad no hard feelings

but even if u dont make stuff xclusively for 9x
whats the trouble if u make it run on 9x

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
U cant make it run... simple... can u run PS2 games on PS1 ? no na ? coz the hard and soft both arent that advanced for it to support that... about using an emulator.. a developer wud prolly give a warez link to XP rather than creating an emulator for running XP apps on 98... :|

sakumar79

Technomancer
cyboincomp said:
firstly
to put a valid point across u need to shout
sorry if any one felt bad no hard feelings

You seem to indicate that everyone else who is not shouting is not putting a valid point across.... That is not true... First, you can try to ask your question without shouting... See if there is no reply... Then, you can shout it...

Once again, please dont shout... It is not polite

cyboincomp said:
but even if u dont make stuff xclusively for 9x
whats the trouble if u make it run on 9x

Since Microsoft stopped supporting Win9x, major companies stopped bothering to write code for backward compatibility to Win9x... This is unfortunate because many people in Developping countries still use Win9x but since the major companies are in the US, they dont seem to understand these needs.

Arun

valtea

In the zone
while i was reading this a quick thought come to my mind. May not be true but it can be true too.

98 is outdated and used by backward countries/companies (economically), because upgrading to XP will cost a lot (both in hardware and software update cost). So ppl generally will not buy new softwares.

XP is used by "i want to be as update as possible" ppl. So they have changed their OS and other softwares too. So these ppl generally will buy new softwares.

Point is when you are not even changing ur OS then why change ur application softwares.

you can always go with the old version (if u use 98) . *www.oldversion.com/

OP
C

cyboincomp

Broken In
sorry for shouting guys no hard feelings

but i can see a lot of gates supporters
who like and enjoy XP .(no offence )

but may b now time has come for me to throw away my junk system and get a new one. u c
the old story of 810 board and celeron processor
nooo chance to upgrade.
but still till that time .if any anti-gates and pro-developing country good-man cares to develop a emulator many chaps like me will b happy

sakumar79

Technomancer
All of us who have posted are not "gates supporters" as you say - we are merely stating what the status is...

I am not sure what software you want to run that is available in XP version only... But as has been mentioned, most of the software have an earlier version that runs in 9x... Also, many large software will not run on older computer very well because of speed and memory restrictions... So, depending on what you have and what you need to run, you should think about an upgrade...

Please inform what software that you want to work in win9x and the specs of your current computer and maybe we can help you find a way out...

Arun

valtea

In the zone
I use WinXP that does not mean I'm Gates Supporter. Its just because there is no other better alternative (at least for me)

I use linuc too (Fedora, Ubuntu and RHEL 3) but i'm not comfortable with them as i am with winxp. So i stick to my XP system most of the time.

btw i too have upgraded to XP just this year, It was a hard thing to part 98 which i am very thorough.

h_kunte

Journeyman
@cyboincomp...
Why r u so hell bent on continuing with Win 98 & u still demand to use the latest softwares...? Come on man, 98 is plain outdated. Seven yrs is a lot of time, & then, since Microsoft already has a newer version (with 2 service packs), it has itself stopped making softwares compatible with 98.

All the talk of being "Gates supporters" or being "Anti Gates" is absolute cr*p.

Time to update to XP...In fact u r behind the times!!

OP
C

cyboincomp

Broken In
ok guys accepted so the world is far ahead into XP
and i got to change

but will XP run with 128 RAM
and what do u guys say about the so called starter edition of XP

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
the min req for XP is 256mb RAM
it will be real slow on ur sys

and the starter edition is a low price edition and will not offer many features which make XP rock

OP
C

cyboincomp

Broken In
i have heard the starter edition cannot run on high end pc .how can this b done.
i mean v have s/w that run on hieh end sys but nnot on low ones but
how can they achieve the vice versa.
any geek????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom