Xbox 360 wired Controller issue

Chinmoy Roy

Broken In
I used to play games on my pc using my xbox controller. One night while playing Bioshock I noticed some connection issues with the controller , like or a particular angle of wire leading into the controller would work and it for rest it wont.
Thus I went to the nearest service centre and their the guys said my controller would be replaced and i would hav to pay the charges. They did not respond the price it would take and no of days it would take. So i decided against controller replacement. But now my controller does work completely. Once i noticed a notification on my laptop. it went " The unknown reuires more power thn the usb port can provide".

So I ask the fellow forum members do they hav any idea abt the cost involved in replacement or is their any replacment cable sold separately in the market (the whole wire i found one in a US website) so that i can repace the wire.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Had the exact same problem with mine, I got it refunded from the seller..
Where did u buy your controller from ? does it have a detachable cable in the usb end ?
and how much charges did they ask for replacement ?

OP
C

Chinmoy Roy

Broken In
Yes it had the detachable end. The service centre did not specify the charges. It said it would notify me later. As i am a student( Bit Mesra Ranchi), I was worried tht the charges would be high so I did not go ahead with the replacement procedure. Should i replace??

- - - Updated - - -

*www.dealwinwin.com/Video-Games/Replacement-Xbox360-Wired-Controller-USB-Cable-Grey--ID68078/

this website

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Replace I dont know, but they shouldnt charge more than Rs 500, How old is the controller though ? if it's under 3 months, they should replace for free

Top Bottom