Worth buying i7 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presently, I am on P4 3.0ghz and want to upgrade my system.

I am thinking of upgrading to i7. Is it worth upgrading as I am not into gaming at all.

Also tell me..Is capturing screen video..good config is required ???

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
What you mean by Capturing screen video. Not that you did not state is correct, not aware of the technology.

Piyush

Lanaya
Presently, I am on P4 3.0ghz and want to upgrade my system.

I am thinking of upgrading to i7. Is it worth upgrading as I am not into gaming at all.

Also tell me..Is capturing screen video..good config is required ???
capturing screen video???
can u please elaborate it?

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
I think he means that he has to record on-screen happenings...
It can be done with the help of the software called Fraps...

huntluck

Broken In
Why don't you wait for the new HEXACORE amd x6 processor ...... If Ur not eager to buy sooner.

As it's latest tech of Intel people are still working on the exact Benchmarks.....

So i suggest you to wait or buy an core i5

OP
bajaj151
^^
What you mean by Capturing screen video. Not that you did not state is correct, not aware of the technology.

Capturing embedded videos on site.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

capturing screen video???
can u please elaborate it?

I want to capture Embedded videos...so that I can play it w/o connecting to net.
I tried to capture but the problem is video is playing very slow (frames)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Bro do u know any other software(preferably freeware) for on-screen recording coz i want to use it to record my gameplay in the games.....????

till now i not came up across any such software :-( i myself used & liked fraps. only didn't liked the trial version capture time too much short.

OP
bajaj151
lol...I tried FRAPS and it works for me.

But NOW

Problem is : Fraps consuming large amount of space ...just for 45 min video (.avi format)...12.5GB
and saving the file in parts (arnd 15min each)

Is there any other software similar to fraps...??

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Hi there,
Being a past MMORPG Gamer I used to take videos of our Raids in Everquest. SO I think I could probably help out with this question.

For capturing videos in game you can try out the following software.

Fraps
Camstudio
Xfire (Doesnt Xfire have a tool you can record videos with?)
Growler Gun Cam
DM Game Capture ? (Something similar forgot name sorry)

There might be many more but usually people are satisfied with Fraps , Xfire or Camstudio.

If you are talking about recording videos on web pages then you can view most by simply opening your temporary folder and copying the files to a folder. Although there are quite a few plugins for browsers etc which will do this for you.

Piyush

Lanaya
oh.. yeah
i remember now
there used to be a software called Xfire and fraps
i've tried fraps
and it works all right
got 1 in a SKOAR DVD

OP
bajaj151
Using Fraps....I recorder 2hr video...

Video recorded at 8-10fps and took "approx.32 GB" space.

How can I reduce the size without loosing quality (as far as possible)?

Is there any similar software which can do the same job but take lesser amount of space.

Also...this 2hr video is recorded in segments (3.90 each).

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Is there any similar software which can do the same job but take lesser amount of space.

Hmmm I think I noticed this thread containing information about this . Ill link it here .

As for the rest. Read Fraps FAQ and you will understand why you get that size and what you can do to fix it. Heres an excerpt taken from it.

Why is the AVI movie generated by Fraps so big? How can I reduce the size?

The filesize is big because there isn’t enough time to encode the movie while the game is running. The movie frames are slightly compressed, but still require a large amount of disk space due to the high resolutions. Once you have finished capturing you should convert the saved AVI into one of the popular compressed movie formats such as mpeg or divx. Recommended programs for doing this are tmpgenc (Tsunami Mpeg Encoder), and VirtualDub.

Using VirtualDub is quite easy. To create a compressed version of the AVI follow these steps:
Start VirtualDub
Select File->Open and choose the AVI in the Fraps directory you wish to compress.
Select Video->Compression and choose the codec you wish to compress with (usually divx)
Select File->Save As AVI and specify a filename for the new AVI.

If you have Windows XP you can also use Windows Movie Maker to compress the video files. If you use Windows Movie Maker it's recommended that you keep your Fraps video files at 800x600 or under.
Source

OP
bajaj151
I captured video using Fraps but don't know why it saved in parts (3.90gb each).

And I converted it to .mkv format and then try to join it with mkvmerge but can't able to. Please suggest other mkv file joiner.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I captured video using Fraps but don't know why it saved in parts (3.90gb each).

And I converted it to .mkv format and then try to join it with mkvmerge but can't able to. Please suggest other mkv file joiner.

try Format Factory. using it u can convert to any popular video format in books. also got provision to add videos. download it from here. not sure if u'll like it but you can join the videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.