World Blood Donors Day [June 14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harivel

Broken In
On World Blood Donor Day,countries worldwide will celebrate World Blood Donor Day with events to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products and to thank voluntary unpaid blood donors for their life-saving gifts of blood.

The theme for World Blood Donor Day 2011 is, "More blood. More life." This theme reinforces the urgent need for more people all over the world to become life-savers by volunteering to donate blood regularly..

Donate Blood!! Save People Life!!

Awareness Video:
YouTube - Wolrd Blood Donor Day Awarness [June 14 2011]

[NOTE:For all seeing Purpose: Pls Post your Blood Group,So thread ll b always on top]

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
In India around 5% people are Rh -ve. Rh -ve bloods group are rare and ideally you should donate.

The rarest blood group is AB -ve but an AB -ve person can receive blood from O -ve, AB -ve, A -ve and B -ve people.

O -ve is the universal donor but can only receive O -ve blood. AB +ve can receive blood from anyone but can't donate to blood anyone except AB +ve.

Rh +ve can receive Rh -ve blood. But vice versa is not true.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think they have stopped using universal donar/universal recipient concept.
yup they did because we haven't discovered everything. But in case of emergency, compatible blood is still used sometimes.

mohityadavx

Youngling
mine is B+

can't go 4 blood donation as u need 2 be a minimum of 18 ( i m rite now 17)

actually blood donating is fun among my frn group

they go 4 blood donation as they can do vellapanti all day and even their college allows them a marked present and they get snacks , stuff etc ( that's more than enough 4 them with an added incentive of being a good human)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am a regular yearly donor. Been donating since college 1st year, and this was maybe the 5th year I donated.
Why do I donate? Kyoki Acha Lagta Hai... ;)

I am a regular yearly donor. Been donating since college 1st year, and this was maybe the 5th year I donated.
Why do I donate? Kyoki Acha Lagta Hai... ;)

You can donate once every 3 months. Its a great feeling when I go to donate blood.

Edited: B+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom