Conducted by: Free Software Foundation of India

VENUE:
Dental Auditorium,
RAIT College of Engineering,
Dr D Y Patil Vidya Nagar,
Sector 7, Nerul,
New Mumbai-400706.

SPEAKERS:
-> Dr. Nagarjuna G. (TIFR, Chairman FSF-India)
-> Anurag Patel (TIFR)

DATE:
Friday, 10th March 2005 (9:30am to 5:00pm)

AGENDA
  • 1. Why use GNU/Linux and Free Software?
  • 2. What is UNIX paradigm, how is it different from other OS?
  • 3. How to type and program at the speed of thought? Introduction to GNU Emacs.
  • 4. How can it help us engineers?
  • 5. How to carry home GNU/Linux and work at home college
    (Knoppix, college Gnoware)
  • 6. Question Answers.
----------------------------------------------------------------
It include demonstrations and distribution of the GNU/Linux CDs
(Gnoware, Knoppix, Ubuntu, Slackware, Freedoc, Dynebolic).
----------------------------------------------------------------

REGISTRATION FEE: Free
(GNU/Linux CDs extra)

LAST DATE FOR REGISTRATION:
Tuesday 10th March 2005 (On the spot registrations)

CONTACT PERSON FOR REGISTRATION:
Sanket Medhi
Phone: 9820990917
Email: sanketmedhi @ gmail.com

Aditya Kadu
Phone: 9820547172
Email: adityakadu @ gmail.com

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
Man , hope u guys can bring ur even to south or chennai some day . or Broadcast it live on the net for all to participate in a way .

nixcraft

Journeyman
1. Why use GNU/Linux and Free Software?

2. What is UNIX paradigm, how is it different from other OS?

3. How to type and program at the speed of thought? Introduction to GNU Emacs.

4. How can it help us engineers?

5. How to carry home GNU/Linux and work at home college
(Knoppix, college Gnoware)

6. Question Answers.

Okay that is one good think.

But why the topics are such old? C’mon these days an even kid knows what Linux is. Either you should rename it to “Beginners Intro Workshop” or update the contents if they are meant for engineers only. Perhaps some of the suggested topics:

Configuration of soft modems
VOIP
Compiler stuff and tour of all available tools such as QT, yacc and so on
Networking including wireless and so on

It will be more fun

Please not I don’t have any intention to start flame war but just thought want needs to be updated .. good luck with workshop

babumuchhala

In the zone
GNUrag are u gonna be there?? RAIT is just 20 mins frm my house(on my SUNNY ZIP)
If i am able to bunk on 10th would be there for sure.

There is also another function at Terna that DIGIT is sponsoring when's it??

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
Nerul? hmmmm....thats near for me....oh hell man, 9:30 am to 5 pm? damn thats the time i have my college...seems like i'm gonna have to bunk if i wanna attend it...anyway, will try and hope to meet u in person GNUrag :D
babumuchhala said:
There is also another function at Terna that DIGIT is sponsoring when's it??
it was their technical fest Avalon...i think its over...

OP
GNUrag

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
@nixcraft. Really nice to have your suggestions. We do conduct technical sessions at our LUG meets every month with speakers from FSF, Redhat, Novell etc.

Did you know FSF had conducted a workshop just two weeks back on The GNU Hurd working and programming the GNUmach and L4 microkernels? We had RMS, AB, Nagarjuna, and many other gnu hackers present there.

In this case the college representatives approached us with what they wanted to cover.

@klinux, did you know that above workshop was held in chennai? At IIT-Madras and VIT. The festival was called Swatantra .. i think you missed it !!

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
@GNU : u got archives and speeches and stuff of the workshops already over , like the one in chennai . might be helpful . Hope u have another one soon in chennai . Come on chennai's climate not that hot ;) . everyones just hot for linux !!!

ok just checked . is this the one ?? *www.swatantra.info/
thats in vellore . anyways . whens the next trip . If theres a quiz i wanna be in one . Hope its general quiz and not only abt linux ;)

OP
GNUrag

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
it_waaznt_me said:
Damn .. I will leave Bombay on 7th :( ...
Same seminar is being organized by CSI at another college in western mumbai on 4th March. I'll mail you the details about it seperately. They have a URL for it also , which i'll post here as soon as i find it.
will see you there shahab!

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Nope .. Ill be in the train on 4th (towards Bbay).. Lemme try to find reservations after 10th .. I am not very optimistic though as trains are already packed full .. Lets see ..

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
gnurag. do u have any seminars after 10th april? and bad bad batty... u'll come when my xams r going on :(

btw is the seminar for non-engineers too ? :p

e-freak

Broken In
Hi this is Sanket Medhi...i am the one who organized this seminar in rait. Sorry for the late reply but i didnt know tht gnurag had posted something on this site...i just joined the site. I am planning to organize something next month too...so neone interested can mail me...also if something like this is going on somewhr else pleez inform me too. My email is sanket_sm@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom