Wirless Internet Which is the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech$oft

Guy from Heaven
I am taking a new laptop and want to take a wireless internet and which provider should i take
Plz suggest me good for fast browsing and downloading.:confused:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Dont go for RELIANCE
Dont go for TATA Indicom's USB stuff.

If you are ready to pay 400 Rs Per month. get yourself a good EDGE enabled cellphone. Get a AIRTEL sim, and activate mobile office. and start browsing. it will give you speeds about 238 Kbps or so and download speeds my vary between 15 to 20 KBps or so

OP
Tech$oft

Tech$oft

Guy from Heaven
Actually i have a k750i and it is not edge enabled and i have taken it now 3 months before and want a wireless connection only.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
reliance is good tata ka wireless fone wala i have used that is also good ... u can go for either they are as bad :D

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
with K750i you can get 115.2 kbps connection.

Reliance DataCard is superb but the speed sucks. download speeds range from 2 to 6 KBps here in Bangalore. and Tata's usb is an other sucker, if you wont get good network coverage it gets disconnected.

Last edited:

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
is there any 64kbps unlimited wireless connection which is worth trying....plz suggest....

@techsoft : find if ur city has bsnl CDMA connection available....its gud...

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Don't go for Reliance/MTNL. They just give you attractive offers, nothing more that that

Get the trial of Airtel PCMCIA card/ Usb modem at an airtel shop nearest to the place you are going to use the connection the most. If you are satisfied with that, go for it. They claim to provide speeds upto 247kbps but that is not feasible at all in a metro.

Using Tata usb modem in Delhi and speed is Ok. Downloading speed average 13kBps . Plan 325, 30 hours free surfing/downloading is good enough for average users.

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
IMO Go with Airtel MO....
EDGE enable handset doesnt works if his local network wont provide EDGE,

I am using Gprs with 15-16 kBps d.w speed ;)... In just rs. 249 / month...

@Gigacore
K750i you can get 115.2 kbps connection
Mate it only data transfer rate between pc and cell not the net speed....

when i connect my cell via bluetooth i get 115.2 kbps speed but with data cable its 460.8 kbps... its only data transfer rate...

It dont make much difference in net speed....

BEST bet would be AIRTEL MO :D

ashfame

Padawan
Gigacore said:
Dont go for RELIANCE
Dont go for TATA Indicom's USB stuff.

If you are ready to pay 400 Rs Per month. get yourself a good EDGE enabled cellphone. Get a AIRTEL sim, and activate mobile office. and start browsing. it will give you speeds about 238 Kbps or so and download speeds my vary between 15 to 20 KBps or so
i m using mo frm 3230 bt it is gprs enabled n paying 395per month and get damn slow speeds bt sumtimes giv gud speeds of 8-9kBps. If i use my sim in a edge enabled cell, wil i get higher speeds in same charges? Pl clarify.

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
ashfame said:
i m using mo frm 3230 bt it is gprs enabled n paying 395per month and get damn slow speeds bt sumtimes giv gud speeds of 8-9kBps. If i use my sim in a edge enabled cell, wil i get higher speeds in same charges? Pl clarify.

who told u that Nokia 3230 dont have EDGE :eek:

I am using 3230 since one yr for surfing... and getting abt 15-16 kBps

It depends upon ur local network , it giving u EDGE or not... Not only having the EDGE enabled handset gives u better speed but u need EDGE support from ur local network....

ashfame

Padawan
almighty said:
who told u that Nokia 3230 dont have EDGE :eek:

I am using 3230 since one yr for surfing... and getting abt 15-16 kBps

It depends upon ur local network , it giving u EDGE or not... Not only having the EDGE enabled handset gives u better speed but u need EDGE support from ur local network....
This was saying: *www.esato.com/phones/index.php/phone=157
anyways it supports edge.
And EDGE appears below the signal strength meter at the standby screen if i am not wrong. I get G -> GPRS, Do i have to try out with some setting to get it EDGE.

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
check these links,on official site mentioned that it has EDGE

*www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,66147,00.html
*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_3230-923.php

anyway, if u r not getting the "E" symbol then ur local network is not providing EDGE ....

Did u see anyone in ur network with "E" ??? of course not....

it mean ur network is not supporting EDGE... i already said that only EDGE enabled handset dont give u EDGE speed. Ur network (or can say ur tower) dont support EDGE...

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
for which appliaction mate???
hummmmmmm for email u need to enable pop3 from ur mail account..
its possible on yahoo and gmail
if u r premium user on hotmail/msn then u can pop3 option

and what abt chat? didnt get u :(

Last edited:

ashfame

Padawan
almighty said:
for which appliaction mate???
hummmmmmm for email u need to enable pop3 from ur mail account..
its possible on yahoo and gmail
if u r premium user on hotmail/msn then u can pop3 option

and what abt chat? didnt get u :(

i am talking about the chat settings for the built in chat application for the 3230

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom