Wireless network

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitizen

Journeyman
Hi all

I have a desktop system and wifi enabled laptop . all i want to do is connect both the systems through wireless network ( ofcourse i will buy a wireless adapter for the desktop ) and i also have a dataone broadband connection . If i buy a wireless router will i be able to do all this . and what is the price of an entry level wireless router . guys please shed some light on this .

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Checkout this:
Complete price list Brandwise: *www.techtree.com/India/Guides/Wi-Fi_Products_Pricelist_June_2006/551-74305-586.html

*www.networkmagazineindia.com/200303/shelf.shtml

gg_3000

Broken In
Well if u hav just a laptop and a desktop, then i guess that there's no need for a wireless router.. All u need 2 do is get a wireless adapter for u'r desktop.. Assuming that u'r PC has a Ethernet card and u'r modem is an ethernet modem, u shud connect this to the net.. Then, thru the wireless network between u'r laptop and desktop, route all the packets from the laptop 2 u'r dektop.. this can be done by configuring u'r browser's proxy to the IP of u'r desktop.. U can also use other apps like messenger, torrent client, p2p apps, download managers etc by configuring them too with the same proxy..

U can also do it the other way around.. By connecting u'r laptop 2 the net and configuring u'r desktop 2 route packets thru u'r laptop..

Another solution: BSNL is giving Wi-Fi enabled modems now.. If u happen 2 own it, then u need not get a wireless adapter 4 ur PC.. u may connect u'r laptop 2 the net thru wi-fi.. then connect u'r PC and laptop with wire (using ethernet).. U may not prefer this coz it causes hassles of using a wired connection.. U'r laptop may not be truly mobile! But, its economical!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom