wired problem with VLC

choudang

Padawan
its kinda very annoying. i use vlc player for playing video, k-lite update codec installed.

sometimes while playing HD/BR rip (700 mb), suddenly video goes to slow motion [2-5 secs] but that sound is as usual. its look like fps problem. but same file if i run with WMP11 its perfect. even wen i start powerdvd, my whole system become very slow for a while. i am facing the problem quite often from last couple of months.

its usually with matroska[.mkv] and .m2ts files.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
VLC (as I observed) has problem playing HD files. Even with good GFX config VLC shows lags.

Try Kmplayer and report.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Nope, i used to play the HD files w/o any hiccups in VLC. Might be some other issues?

@OP
Check whether any bg process eating up all your memory and check CPU usage before opening VLC and check after opening the VLC. Post your system config

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
will post the scn sht of running processes once i access from my lappy (P). but if i run the same file with WMP, it goes very smoothly.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Then sure it's a problem with VLC. Try to download the new one, or if you already have a new version, revert back to 0.9.x stable ones.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
As I've already told earlier, try KMplayer. Once you use it, you won't look for any other media player for sure.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ I also recommend using KMplayer or GOMPlayer ;-)

@ OP - what CPU and gfx card you have ?

Top Bottom