WINE not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I use PCQ Linux 2004 (based on Fedora Core 1 + improvements) on P IV, 1.5 GHz, 128 MB RAM. I use KDE 3.2

I can see the Application Launcher for WineX in the menu. But whenever I click on it, it just changes the mouse cursor and attaches the wine logo to it for some time and then cursor returns to normal state. But Wine never starts :(

Am I doing anything wrong? :cry:

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
$ winesetup
$ wine <file_name.exe>

hmmm... tuxfan are you trying to run Tally ? .... sources say that Tally's Linux version is going to come in December end... just rumours i think !!!

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
I am just trying to run wine :) Want to see how it is. Just like I want to try out everything else. ;) BTW, I have almost congifured my internal modem. It is being recognised, but just gets stuck while dialing. I am searching for what could be wrong. Hopefully will solve it soon :D

I am not trying to run tally. BTW, tally Linux version may come, but I have already paid for Tally 6.3. If wine starts, I will first try out some DOS based games, then some softwares.

:evil: FYI, I am getting virus infected mails from LUB-BOM mailing list

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Could you email me the headers (or just forward me) a sample mail ? i'll definately look into this problem....

I myself dont get any such kind of mails ... is there an entry for cc4.tifr.res.in in the headers ? that is our mail server.... if not then we are not responsible....

but do forward me a sample mail....

BONZI

Journeyman
Which modem do you have? I too run on an internal modem.

Are you using kppp. Can kppp communicate with modem or is it just showing in the startup?
If the problem is with kppp then it could be probably because the device that your modem driver created cannot be used by kppp. In that case you have to create a link to modem device(/dev/modem).

Plz explain your problem in detail. Maybe I can help you :)

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
@ BONZI. Thanks for the offer to help :). I use a Dlink internal modem which uses a Motorola Chipset. I downloaded drivers from the Motorola site.

@ GNUrag : Do you think I will let the infected mail remain in my machine? :shock: I have deleted it already.

BONZI

Journeyman
Hows your trial and error going?? You didnt mention whether the problem is with kppp.

BTW its better to start a new thread we are going off topic :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom