Windowss 7 Drivers for HP Pavilion G6 2220TX

a_k

Broken In
Hi Guys,

1) Windows 7 Drivers: I have HP pavilion G6 2220TX which came preloaded with windows 8 , because of some reasons I had to format the laptopand install windows 7. Problem is HP does not officially gives windows 7 drivers for my laptop. With windows 7 I am having tough time even getting the USB drivers.

Windows 8 Drivers For HP Pavilion g6-2220tx Notebook PC | HP® Support

Can some one please guide me from where can i get the compatible drivers for windows 7.

2) HD: Intermittently my laptop does not boots , some times I do get the error "No bootable disk found" , HP support may replace my HD. Will the new HD come with preinstalled OS ?.

Attachments

• DM.jpg
    DM.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 87

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Press f11 repeatedly when turning on the laptop so that you come into recovery mode....
if possible then recover back to windows 8

OP
A

a_k

Broken In
I can't revert back to windows 8 as my recovery partition is corrupted. I need windows 7 drivers , pl suggest accordingly.

OP
A

a_k

Broken In
Some of them worked , but not all. I was bit suprised to see that USB and network drivers was not working. I have attached the attachment which contains the list of hardware for which I require drivers. Just now I managed to install win 7 drivers for Graphic Card.

OP
A

a_k

Broken In
I suppose attachments are not working on the forum currently.
could you put the image on imgur then post the link???

*i.imgur.com/L9R4kU0.jpg

@dummywave
I am installing the software suggested by you , once installed I will let you know if it works or not.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
For display adapter just go to leshcats website and download 13.4 or 13.1 whql drivers and btw the problems u are facing with booting are because of secure boot etc pls check ur bios settings and post here if possible

*www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion-g6-20...gb-500gb-win7-hb-1gb-graph/p/itmdah7asz9p3hzm
For USB and Ethernet etc use the drivers for the laptop I just posted the flipkart link of....
Mostly it should work except for the gpu drivers

Gollum

Collector
Hi Guys,

1) Windows 7 Drivers: I have HP pavilion G6 2220TX which came preloaded with windows 8 , because of some reasons I had to format the laptopand install windows 7. Problem is HP does not officially gives windows 7 drivers for my laptop. With windows 7 I am having tough time even getting the USB drivers.

Windows 8 Drivers For HP Pavilion g6-2220tx Notebook PC | HP® Support

Can some one please guide me from where can i get the compatible drivers for windows 7.

2) HD: Intermittently my laptop does not boots , some times I do get the error "No bootable disk found" , HP support may replace my HD. Will the new HD come with preinstalled OS ?.

if you pc is withing 90 day purchase period, call hp and ask for recovery cd.
you can also try F11 recovery option at post
or you can just post the H/w ID's of your missing h/e drivers and I will provide you with the drivers.

OP
A

a_k

Broken In
if you pc is withing 90 day purchase period, call hp and ask for recovery cd.
you can also try F11 recovery option at post
or you can just post the H/w ID's of your missing h/e drivers and I will provide you with the drivers.

Just few hours back my HD crashed and I can no longer boot . As around 9 months has passed by since I bought the laptop , HP won't provide me recovery CD free of cost. Once I get the replacement HD , I will update you guys. In my case as HP is giving new HD , will it come with WIN 8 OS ?.

@dummywave & kkn13
Thanks for the help. Software and model suggested has given me idea which drivers to install.

OP
A

a_k

Broken In
Today I Got the replacement HD , will let you all know in case I face any issues while installing the drivers.

Finally got all the drivers installed for windows 7.
Thanks guys :)

Top Bottom