Status
Not open for further replies.

mahendran

Journeyman
i am using windows 98 second edition.i want to upgrade to wndows xp.which versions is good for a home user like me. can i use pirated or what u call unlicenced version and still get update, kindly advice

mahendran

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
mate win xp is cool. But if you use the pirated version on the web you will be busted by microsoft. How about trying linux mate a free and OSS.
BTW welcome to the forum mate :D
..:: peace ::..

prankzter

Journeyman
Firstly, u should have atleast a pentium 3 700 MHZ, 128 mb RAM, 4 GB hardisk space 2 run it.If u dont have it, b happy with win 98.

Secondly, U can have a pirated version of win xp pro and win xp home..but u need to activate win xp home in 30 days otherwise it will stop working..not so in case of win xp. u can chose 2 not activate it and run itz pirated version smoothly.However, for installing service packs, U need 2 activate both versions of windows xp..pro as well as home.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
d00d, th pirated version did not even ask me to activate it ! And BTW, there are many ways to install SP1 and SP2 on pirated copies, without activating Windows. Just do a google-search and u'll find out ;)

prankzter

Journeyman
Kl@w-24 said:
d00d, th pirated version did not even ask me to activate it ! And BTW, there are many ways to install SP1 and SP2 on pirated copies, without activating Windows. Just do a google-search and u'll find out ;)

U must b running win xp pro...am i right??

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
so am i ...

no problems recorded ..

no activation ..

have 24hrs net .. and my comp stays on for weeks on a go

and also keep my comp updated using 'windows update'

no load!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom