Status
Not open for further replies.

doom_marine

Journeyman
I just formatted my system using my original windows xp sp1 cd. When i tried to activate my windows it said the number of times i tried to activate has exceeded and i have to enter a new c.d. key HELP..

rohanbee

Padawan
I think the number of times you have tried to install windows xp has exceded i think they only give you three times. Otherwise you could activate xp on n number of Pc's......

This is the same for a number of other softwares like norton etc..

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I think you had better call Help Desk office of microsoft...
Since you have a legal version they may as well help you ...
Here for you....

Microsoft India Phone: (91) (80) 559-5733, (91) (11) 6294600,6294601

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
i guess he said that he has an original cd. i mean its baffling that microsoft duznt allow a cd-key to be used more than 3 times.. i mean for ppl buying the original stuff... its totallly unjust towards them

rohanbee

Padawan
doom_marine said:
So now my original CD is waste might as well throw it out right??
Is there nothing i can do

No, No, please don't do something that drastic.............i asked a friend who had he same problem and he called up microsoft tech support who gave a new key.

mail2and said:
i guess he said that he has an original cd. i mean its baffling that microsoft duznt allow a cd-key to be used more than 3 times.. i mean for ppl buying the original stuff... its totallly unjust towards them

No, you are totally wrong there, In the case of XP you don't have to run XP using the CD so how do they prevent pirateers from piracy, they give you a cd key and asume that you will not need to reload the os more than three times.
If the key could be put in n number of times then whats to stop anyone from buying just one XP and activating it on a 1000 odd computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom