Windows XP woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ppl,
ive been usin Win XP for over 3 rsnow and my systems up-to-date with all the Win updates, recently XP'z been behaving strange... It has become damn slow and things take dreadfully long to load... my CPU's usage is never greater than 40% and im using a P4 2.8HT with 256 Mb RAM, i've checked my system for viruses with NAV, kaspersky and McAfee, so its free of viruses, but my RAM is always being used no matter what... this is really irrirating and also my Internet connection is slowwwwwwwww...
PLz help me :oops:
Thanx in advance...
---Anirudh
---Sophomore
---Aurora

OP
C

cockyrudh_2020

Broken In
also,
my internet connection is a 128 - 512 Kbps line, although a speedometer shows speeds of 300 to 600 kbps, my dwnld speeds are never greater than 10 Kbps... what could be the reasons?
---Anirudh
---Sophonore
---Aurora

digen

Youngling
Did ya defrag your drives?
Get rid of the temp files,Search google for CCleaner.It will do the job for you.
Did you check for spyware?If not then get spybot & adware,update them to their latest definitions & scan your pc.

but my RAM is always being used no matter what..
What makes you say that?

About the second part of your query,what type of internet connection do you have? I mean DSL,Cable internet? Also is it capped?

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
positively! this is a problem belonging to SPYWARES!! get ur dabba scanned through Ad-Aware ..it's a freeware download it from download.com ..hope this will work ....

gud luck ,
enjoy

OP
C

cockyrudh_2020

Broken In
Hey guys,
Thanx for your help, but i have used three anti-spyware tools as of now... Ad-Aware, Microsoft Anti-Spyware and Spybot, just to make sure... but although all the adwares have been cleaned, i still cannot get the full power of my machine... Also my commit charge is something like: *235M/5341M*... And my explorer also consumes a lot of mem like 23,560K as of now, when im running only Opera. Also, i have observed that m Pagefile is not being used at all... what can be the reason? Oh! the ISP im with is Beam Cable System, who gives me a bandwidth of 128 Kbps to 512 Kbps
---Anirudh
---Sophomore
---Hyderabad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom