Windows XP SP2 release date UPDATED 10th AUG 04

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
L

leech

Broken In
Windows XP SP2 Key Dates

August 9, 2004 - Network install package on Microsoft.com for IT Professionals Developers

August 10th 2004 - Release of English Windows XP SP2 through Automatic Update (AU). Available for people who have previously installed pre-release versions of SP2

August 14th 2004 - Release thru Automatic Updates to all - only 25000 download allowed in a day

August 10 and August 25, 2004 - For business customers

August 25th 2004 - full end user avaliability

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
hey mine shows

system
microsoft windows xp
professional
version 2002
service pack2,v.2149

and the pid is
55274-644

i got it installed a coupla days back and i m getting updates

now after reading ur article it seems that it shud not get ne updates.

then how am i getting them ?

mahidhar

Broken In
yeah its true.

Before installing sp2 i couldnt download update from windows Update (v5) site. But after installing sp2 i am able to download updates. i haven even changed my key.

Moin

Broken In
leech said:
The warez keys that allow you to install XP SP2 are ones with the the PID (Product ID) of xxxxx-640-xxxxxxx-xxxxx

the easiest way to check your computers is by pressing the Windows Key + Break.

In the System Properties window that appears look down to the Registered to: section, if the second group of 3 numbers reads anything other than 640 then SP2 will lock you out. If it reads 640 then you are safe.
Hey Leech. I know my friend with this kind of PID but SP2 is denied on that system. I think its the one that is blacklisted.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
and today i get msg from my windows update that sp2 is ready for installation but i already have sp2 installed.
???????

OP
L

leech

Broken In
mariner said:
hey mine shows

system
microsoft windows xp
professional
version 2002
service pack2,v.2149

and the pid is
55274-644

i got it installed a coupla days back and i m getting updates

now after reading ur article it seems that it shud not get ne updates.

then how am i getting them ?

well i never said that you WONT get updates. if you are the lucky one and with the right key you will certainly get the updates. if SP2 works fine for you be happy mate.

Also i think you still got the prelease version of SP2. If you read my article you will know that the release date for the full version is somewhere around 25th Aug. Also make sure you uninstall the older version before you install the latest one..... cause you are only wasting space on your driver mate.

OP
L

leech

Broken In
mahidhar said:
yeah its true.

Before installing sp2 i couldnt download update from windows Update (v5) site. But after installing sp2 i am able to download updates. i haven even changed my key.

i think that you has corruption with your administrative previliges and that was why you were getting the problem with SP1...

SP2 corrected the issue by putting the windows update site under the trusted zone and also it reset the permission for windows update in the registry.

OP
L

leech

Broken In
Moin said:
leech said:
The warez keys that allow you to install XP SP2 are ones with the the PID (Product ID) of xxxxx-640-xxxxxxx-xxxxx

the easiest way to check your computers is by pressing the Windows Key + Break.

In the System Properties window that appears look down to the Registered to: section, if the second group of 3 numbers reads anything other than 640 then SP2 will lock you out. If it reads 640 then you are safe.
Hey Leech. I know my friend with this kind of PID but SP2 is denied on that system. I think its the one that is blacklisted.

you are safe only until you got the right product key... now that is the tough part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom