Not open for further replies.
OP
L

leech

Broken In
Code:
[quote]
Good work. 
How come you are sure about the release date when Microsoft is struggling to fix a date for release? 
Anyways it will be good if they can keep their promise about August release.
[/quote]

Well!!!! svenkat83 about the release, lets just say that it is something that I should know and it is upto you wait and see or find out. heeeee heeeee. But the date is 95% correct unless something real nutty happens.

Code:
[quote]
good work mate! but man pls post da link instead of da entire article here. it's irritating 2 scroll that much. hopefully it will release in august. they have already delayed longhorn till 2006.
[/quote]

Thanks Nemesis. Well I would have loved to give you the link for the web page ( if there was one ). Right now i just got it on my comp and what you have seen on this forum is just 10% of the whole thing which I felt was necessary. The other thing i would like to advise you on is about longhorn..... well dont be so eager for the final release cause Microsoft is planning to incorporate the Trusted computing bit and believe me if what I know about trusted computing is right, I am better off with windows XP --- or if worse come worse I will move to MAC or Linux. Once again sorry for having you scroll all the way up and down...

Hey by the way I really think that the digit forum loads very slowly for some reason. All the other forums that I access load in a jiffy. I think that the forum is really slow. Anyone who knows why??????

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
ok now i have an oem version on my dell system. does that mean that i will problems installing sp2? coz sp1 installed without any issues.

OP
L

leech

Broken In
Nemesis said:
ok now i have an oem version on my dell system. does that mean that i will problems installing sp2? coz sp1 installed without any issues.

hopefully you should not. Cause you have got the OS from Dell itself and you have activated it by yourself. Incase it is not the version that came from dell you may have some problems.

As of now SP2 is real buggy and you will have a lot of problems with windows update not recognising you as the admin and various other things. That should get sorted out by August.

SP1 did not have much issues as what SP2 will bring up. People will be surprised to see that SP1 installed fine but SP2 creates havoc.

Incase you do have problems then (DELL's research team would have researched atleast 10 days before the release date of SP2 ) call dell about the problems and they will surely sort it out for you.

IG

Journeyman
i got a pid with 55274-642 installed.....does this mean that i will have problems or not??!!

OP
L

leech

Broken In
IG said:
i got a pid with 55274-642 installed.....does this mean that i will have problems or not??!!

Microsoft has blacklisted a set of PID's... so you may get a problem

What i suggest is to check is if the windows update works. if you dont get any problem when using the windows update v5 (SP2 version). Then you are cool with SP2.

You got a corporate version and most of the 642 ones are blacklisted. check the update and see if you have a problem.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
it's the same 1 that came with my system. xp was pre-activated-i dont need 2 activate it even if i do a clean install.

VD17

Journeyman
Leech: what were you saying about Microsoft's Trusting Computing??? why is it that so bad???
and secondly, my XP activation got exhausted.... did the mistake of installing it in someone else's computer and when i tried to activate it said "The number of activations of this product key has exceeded its limit". any work arounds? guess i'll have to call MS the next time i activate....

N

nipun_the_gr8

I use win Xp Pro.Before win 98 was installed as OEM.I am usin' an IBM PC & (as mentioned above) my Windows Update wrks fine.Will i be able to install win xp sp2 without any prblms?

theraven

Technomancer
as long as u have a licensed copy ... u wont have any problems for future microsoft updates
and since ur os came with a branded pc .. im pretty sure its licensed ;)

OP
L

leech

Broken In
nipun_the_gr8 said:
I use win Xp Pro.Before win 98 was installed as OEM.I am usin' an IBM PC & (as mentioned above) my Windows Update wrks fine.Will i be able to install win xp sp2 without any prblms?

If you have done a legal update then you may be lucky. if not - i can just say hope that your luck is good enough

OP
L

leech

Broken In
VD17 said:
Leech: what were you saying about Microsoft's Trusting Computing??? why is it that so bad???
and secondly, my XP activation got exhausted.... did the mistake of installing it in someone else's computer and when i tried to activate it said "The number of activations of this product key has exceeded its limit". any work arounds? guess i'll have to call MS the next time i activate....

Check this post of mine and you will understand
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4792

srj

Right off the assembly line
JAK said:
VD17 said:
ok.. so anyone read the whole thing??? lol
so all those who think they can install SP2 on their illegal XPs.. please stand up... ;)

I just did !,... :wink: RC 2049 and RC2062.....work like a charm... :wink:

Hey DUDE i am no less i got original win home edition from my friend but he was not ready to give me the key for activation so i crackedwhole of win xp home hahahahahah!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :twisted: :D :D :D

OP
L

leech

Broken In
OK all you naughty boys who have cracked their windows xp. here is some news for you... it worked with sp1 - very difficult with service pack 2.

Ok all those who say that they have the corporate version.... here is some bad news for you who all have got a key generator and activator..... There is just 1 in a Trillion chance that you will get the right key for windows xp pro corp that will be excepted by the windows update site.... the good thing for you naughty boys is that there is 80% chance that you will be able to install the service pack and get it to work fine. you just cant update it only. Only registered VLK will work.......

Hope this clears out everything.... So good luck to all....

N

nipun_the_gr8

Hey ! The windows xp SP1 was not installing.I had to change the key usin' Mr.Dude's XP CD Key Changer and installed it.Now will i be able to install win xp sp2 ???

OP
L

leech

Broken In
see if you are able to update it using the windows updater and we'll know who won Microsoft or you...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom