Windows XP not installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

moshel

Padawan
Currently im using Windows XP on C: and Win Vista on D:.

my win xp installation on C: has become a little corrupted so wanted to run the setup again (without formatting).

but when i run the setup, during the copying files stage, when the green bar is nearing the end, it gives me an error saying "..... .sys file cannot be copied to your system. The file is missing. Please contact your system administrator"

i have used 3 different installation CDs.

thx for the help.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
I beleive u r running the installation from within windows ....since Win Vista is next version to win XP so its not allowing u to overwrite Win XP..u can do this

1. Make ur CDROM first boot
2. Put ur Win XP boot disk in CD drive
3. Format C: drive ..and install XP

U cant then access win vista..cuz its record will be wiped out from MBR....

jatt

In the zone
can you able to mention here whats the problem in xp i think it can be repair without installing all things otherwise do as said by esumitkumar.

he is right you have to format c drive first then you will be able to install windows xp on c: drive.

do it and write here.

OP
moshel

moshel

Padawan
the problem with the current installation is that for one, im not getting the welcome screen, countless times i have been into the control panel and changed the settings. i get the classic logon prompt where i need to press enter.

UEFA Euro 08 and few other games take a lot of time to start up. although the actual game works properly but the menus are painfully slow.

i got these problems when there was some virus in the comp and i needed to delete some registry entries, which i did. the virus went away though.

hmm..i didnt think abt what esumitkumar said. this time i will run the xp installation after booting it up rather than from xp itself and will let u know the results.

formating is not an option. i rather use this installation in that case.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
but moshel formatting will make ur C: drive neat and clean......
u can backup ur data in other drives
thats what i do weekly :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom