Windows XP installation fails and hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
Hello,
I tried to re-install windows xp on my friend's PC which already contains Fedora GNU/Linux installed.I restored the MBR using fixmbr cmd.then i installed Win XP boot disk and it boots and shows "setup is chking yo H/W..."
then Hangs/Stops responding.only thing i noticed is the PC's red LED is glowing full time and i waited for more than 15 minutes,thinking it will be resuming setup.he has 5GB free space and remaining is for data storage and GNU/Linux.what is the cause for PC to hang...

OP
freebird

freebird

Debian Rocks!
(Solved): Windows XP installation fails and hangs

after lots of failed attempts to boot with XP CD,i tried removing the power to my sata 80GB disk and booted with win xp cd and it worked-i plugged in the sata power chord,once the Display is showing the Blue Screen and the install finished well.
the small problem he is asking is the Windows drive is labelled as H: while normally it should be have drive label C:
I went to the Disk Mgmt console and when i tried to rename H: to C: it says system files and root windows drive cannot be renamed.so any alternative method to do this::p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom