windows vista on my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
everybody tells me i have received vista dvd beta2 finally and now i m gonna install it..
how will be the performance of vista on p4 computer 2.6GHz with 128 video memory and 256 MB ddram

will it run smoothly or with jerks.?

has anybody tried it on 256 MB ram
if yes then plz share ur views

OP
arunks

arunks

Hey here is the aks
but when i start install then windows setup displays
"u have 224MB ram but 256MB is required"

and setup exits
sso i think it should work with 256 MB

and can anybody tell me from where i can recover my 32 MB ram which is shared by video memory

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
It won't install on a system with 256MB memory.....u need at least 512MB..
I also installed it with 512mem ans its a bit slow....aero disabled....takes time to start....multi-tasking is a bit pain.. :D

Go to the BIOS>>>Advanced BIOS/CMOS features>>>onboard frame VGA buffer size>>>8MB>>>>

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Vista won't run on your PC. You have to allocate some memory for the onboard graphics. Even if you can allocate just 1 MB, you will still have only 255 MB free and Vista will refuse to install.
Even if you do manage to make Vista work someow, the performance will be too slow. You need more RAM and maybe even a dedicated graphics card.

Vista that has been released, is in the beta version. Do u think i should wait before it releases a permanent copy, or shall i go ahead and try it out ? My sys specs match the compatibility issue, but i really want to get the original version of vista. Do any of you guys know where i can get it. Money's no issue. I want an org copy....

OP
arunks

arunks

Hey here is the aks
samrulez said:
It won't install on a system with 256MB memory.....u need at least 512MB..
I also installed it with 512mem ans its a bit slow....aero disabled....takes time to start....multi-tasking is a bit pain.. :D

Go to the BIOS>>>Advanced BIOS/CMOS features>>>onboard frame VGA buffer size>>>8MB>>>>

but minimum option in bios is 32 MB to 256 MB

littledrop

Broken In
borrow any chip > 32mb and start setup.

You will never get 256MB since you can't set shared memory to 0 in BIOS.
or
get PCI VGA card if slot is available.

ashishmaheshwari

Right off the assembly line
vista needed. urgently!!!

hi frnds,

can u all plz tell me where i can windows vista.
i m very exited to lay my hands on it.

can u plz also tell tell if it runs on 915 chipset.
and if it would run on my PC smoothly. my configuration is:-

RAM - 512 MB
Video Memory - 128 MB (Onboard)
Processor - 2.93 GHz
Hard Disk - 80 GB Sata

thanx!!! very much in advance. plz reply soon!!!!!

go_gamez

In the zone
varunpratap_singh said:
Vista that has been released, is in the beta version. Do u think i should wait before it releases a permanent copy, or shall i go ahead and try it out ? My sys specs match the compatibility issue, but i really want to get the original version of vista. Do any of you guys know where i can get it. Money's no issue. I want an org copy....

lol ..sorry...dear but money cant buy...everything...u will have to wait..for some more..time maybe a year or 10 mnths..more to get u r self. .the final vista...cauz theres lotta time for it to be released...till then get the beta version or wait for public release of RC 1...(Release Candidate 1)...

go_gamez

In the zone
i think...every software..does have a few minor..bugs..and so will vista..final. release..but i hope microsft will try the best to make..vista bugs free...and thats why so much of beta releases../testing going on..
yup there will be very..minor changes between Vista Release candidate..and Vista final release...so I THINK RC 1 is gonna be great...

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Desmataks, The recommended RAM for Vista is 1 GB for good performance.
Plus you need 3 Ghz or higher Processor & a good Graphics card. 512 MB RAM is
minimum requirement. If you have less RAM , then Vista will crawl, not run!!

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Barely ... it's comparable to running XP on 64 MB ram .. though it can run , it'll be like moaning ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom