Windows Vista Count Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi everybody,

Few months ago I purchased Hp tx1000 entertainment PC from HP retail store. It came with Windows Vista Home Premium Bundled. Now when I installed SP1 from internet it is counting down. I mean it shows me "Windows Vista (TM), Evaluation Copy. Build 6001". This means I OS is in trial mode but I hv original OS. What's the reason? & How to get rid of this problem?

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
*support.microsoft.com/kb/948537

To uninstall Windows Vista SP1 by using the Programs and Features item in Control Panel, follow these steps:
1.Click Start*support.microsoft.com/library/images/support/kbgraphics/Public/EN-US/VistaStartButton.jpg, type Appwiz.cpl in the Start Search box, and then click Appwiz.cpl in the Programs list.

*support.microsoft.com/library/images/support/kbgraphics/Public/EN-US/SecurityShield.jpg If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2.Click View installed updates.
3.Click Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB936330), and then click Uninstall.
4.Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the uninstall process.
Method 2 :
Important Before you use System Restore, make sure that you have restarted the computer at least one time since you have installed Windows Vista SP1. By restarting the computer, you allow for any remaining servicing processes to finish.
1.Click Start*support.microsoft.com/library/images/support/kbgraphics/Public/EN-US/VistaStartButton.jpg, type rstrui in the Start Search box, and then click rstrui in the Programs list.

*support.microsoft.com/library/images/support/kbgraphics/Public/EN-US/SecurityShield.jpg If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2.In the Restore System Files and Settings window, click Next.
3.In the Choose a Restore Point window, click Install: Windows Vista Service Pack 1, and then click Next. Or, click a restore point that was created before you installed Windows Vista SP1, and then click Next.

Note The "Install: Windows Vista Service Pack 1" restore point is the restore point that was created immediately before you installed Windows Vista SP1.4.Verify the restore point that you want to use, and then click Finish.

shantanu

Technomancer
dude, what you downloaded was either RC or something of SP1 and not the RTM version, coz RTM does not gives anything like that.. now you must either format your PC or uninstall this version and wait for a public download of RTM SP1 to be put up by Microsoft.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Yes, you appear to have installed SP1 RC1. Uninstall it. Then see if restoring back helps you. Else phone HP to get it re-activated. Else Format.

OP
dhanusaud

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
*support.microsoft.com/kb/948537

To uninstall Windows Vista SP1 by using the Programs and Features item in Control Panel, follow these steps:
1.Click Start*support.microsoft.com/library/images/support/kbgraphics/Public/EN-US/VistaStartButton.jpg, type Appwiz.cpl in the Start Search box, and then click Appwiz.cpl in the Programs list.

2.Click View installed updates.
3.Click Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB936330), and then click Uninstall.
4.Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the uninstall process.
Method 2 :
Important Before you use System Restore, make sure that you have restarted the computer at least one time since you have installed Windows Vista SP1. By restarting the computer, you allow for any remaining servicing processes to finish.
1.Click Start*support.microsoft.com/library/images/support/kbgraphics/Public/EN-US/VistaStartButton.jpg, type rstrui in the Start Search box, and then click rstrui in the Programs list.

2.In the Restore System Files and Settings window, click Next.
3.In the Choose a Restore Point window, click Install: Windows Vista Service Pack 1, and then click Next. Or, click a restore point that was created before you installed Windows Vista SP1, and then click Next.

Note The "Install: Windows Vista Service Pack 1" restore point is the restore point that was created immediately before you installed Windows Vista SP1.4.Verify the restore point that you want to use, and then click Finish.

Thanks harry:)
I also installed XP SP3 but it works fantastic. I mean it doesn't requires activation, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom