Windows phone at <25k.

nezwulf

Right off the assembly line
I am currently using an HTC One V (stock ROM). I read some of the threads and Sam's guide, and I like the Lumia 820 and HTC 8X over most android phones, so I'm thinking of switching to Windows now.

1. Budget? Max 25k

2. Display type and size? Min. 4 inches. SLCD, AMOLED, both are fine.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand? HTC

5. Preferred input method. Touch

6. What camera option you want? 8 MP is fine, a front-facing camera would be good, but not necessary.

7. Preferred operating system? Windows

8. Preferred connectivity options. 3G and Wifi

9. Preferred applications. I need to have the following applications - Evernote, Dropbox/SkyDrive, spreadsheet and presentation apps, good music player.

10. Primary use of handset? Mails, internet, notes, music, light movies and gaming use.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Nokia Lumia 820 and HTC 8X

12. Any other info that you want to share
The main reason I want to switch over to Windows is because I frequently use Office on my PC, and I'm not really interested in modding and experimenting with Android.

As I've stated before, I've shortlisted the Lumia 820 and the HTC 8X. The only difference I found (through Flipkart) was that the 8X has better screen res and a better front-facing camera, but no memory expansion. I can live with 16 GB, and I like HTC over Nokia. I am also willing to wait a month or two if there are new Windows phones to be released which might be better than these two in the same price bracket.

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
There is some price cut in nokia Lumia 920 too. AFAIK it is around 28k. better then both as you get mind blowing camera and Nokia apps bundled. That Would be better deal IMO.

I don't think WP8 phones at that price has any advantage over Android phones. Galaxy S3, Nexus 4, Optimus G n Xperia ZR(27k) are some great phones at that price

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I will suggest Lumia 920
Lumia 920 (32 GB): Rs.25,794
Nokia Lumia 920 (Black)

Read its review:
*www.themobileindian.com/reviews/675_Mobile-review:-Nokia-Lumia-920

Last edited:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Didn't know that Lumia 920's price has dropped this much.
@OP: Lumia 920 is the best choice for you. Now that Nokia is part of Microsoft, Windows Phones' future in other manufacturers seem gloomy. Nokia makes excellent hardware & Microsoft does the same in software. So, its a perfect match.
Also, 925 is available at 30k.

the.one

In the zone
I would personally not recommend moving over to WP8 right now, the OS is still behind Android & iOS. I have been using Lumia 720 for some time now, but there are some restrictions which I don't like.

WindowsPhone needs some major improvements to compete. We may expect them in the GDR3 update or beyond.

I think S3 is still the best option under 25k, as a complete package.

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
I am currently using an HTC One V (stock ROM). I read some of the threads and Sam's guide, and I like the Lumia 820 and HTC 8X over most android phones, so I'm thinking of switching to Windows now.

1. Budget? Max 25k

2. Display type and size? Min. 4 inches. SLCD, AMOLED, both are fine.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand? HTC

5. Preferred input method. Touch

6. What camera option you want? 8 MP is fine, a front-facing camera would be good, but not necessary.

7. Preferred operating system? Windows

8. Preferred connectivity options. 3G and Wifi

9. Preferred applications. I need to have the following applications - Evernote, Dropbox/SkyDrive, spreadsheet and presentation apps, good music player.

10. Primary use of handset? Mails, internet, notes, music, light movies and gaming use.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Nokia Lumia 820 and HTC 8X

12. Any other info that you want to share
The main reason I want to switch over to Windows is because I frequently use Office on my PC, and I'm not really interested in modding and experimenting with Android.

As I've stated before, I've shortlisted the Lumia 820 and the HTC 8X. The only difference I found (through Flipkart) was that the 8X has better screen res and a better front-facing camera, but no memory expansion. I can live with 16 GB, and I like HTC over Nokia. I am also willing to wait a month or two if there are new Windows phones to be released which might be better than these two in the same price bracket.

My wife has a Lumia 720 and I have an S3, so can speak for both the OSs. I agree WP8 is stylish, fluid and energy efficient. I also think it is still a WIP OS- and does not provide the flexibility that Android gives. For example the Android notification bar, notification lights, independent volume controls for ringtones, media and alerts, widgets...nothing like that exists yet for WP8. Apps have increased still nowhere though in the range of Android.

I believe WP8 devices make sense when budget is below 20k. Almost all Androids below 20k are irritatingly laggy, underforming devices, while the WP8 devices offer consistent performance throughout the price range, right from the 8k Lumia 520 to the 21k Lumia 820.

The story is different when the budget is extended to 25k- at this price range a lot of 2012 quadcore flagships are up for contention, along with 2013 midrangers. The S3, ZR, Nexus 4, Optimus G, HTC One X are very good handsets, and i even saw the ZL available for 25k on Indiatimes today. Thats 2013 flagship specs right there at a great price. Other than optics, all these phones blast away the WP8 devices in usability and features.

So camera aside the choice is yours- a fluent albeit limited OS or a very flexible yet slightly less energy efficient one?

Re: Windows phone at &lt;25k.

Don't go for S3 or One X(even One X+)....

Optimus G/Xperia ZR/Nexus 4 are great phones for the price, each phone having its own set of advantage n disadvantage

Don't go for S3 or One X(even One X+)....

Optimus G/Xperia ZR/Nexus 4 are great phones for the price, each phone having its own set of advantage n disadvantage

kundalus

Broken In
Check lenovo k900, its an awesome phone with Intel atom based proccy and 2gb ram with a huge 5.5" display better than note2

Top Bottom