windows not displaying my monitor.driver problem.please help

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by quan chi, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quan chi

quan chi mortal kombat

guys please help.

while playing test drive unlimited it suddenly freezed with a black screeniving some msvc++ error message.and it made the desktop a bit blurry (i mean every colour of wallpaper to icons became light).

i restarted the pc everything again became normal.downloaded a ms vc++ redistributable and installed.

THEN i uninstalled the nvidia drivers and reinstalled them.after this i am finding this problem.

MY MONITORS OPTIMAL RESOLUTION IS 1024X768.THEREFORE AFTER INSTALLING THE DRIVERS IT SHOULD SHOW 1024X768 AS ITS OPTIMAL RESOLUTION.

BUT TAKE A LOOK AT THE SCREENSHOT.SHOULDNT THE SLIDER BE ON EXTREME RIGHT SHOWING 1024X768.

[​IMG]

even the control panel shouldnt show these resolution options.it should be locked
    at my optimal resolution.

[​IMG]

this screenshot is self explanatory please take a look at it.WHATS IS THIS DEFAULT MONITOR.why windows is not detecting my monitor.

[​IMG]

i have windows xp professional.and samsung syncmaster monitor.

please help

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  2. OP
    OP
    quan chi

quan chi mortal kombat

allright guys i installed my driver from the cd that came with the card(through windows autodetect hardware) and now its detecting my monitor.but the resolution problem still persists.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.