windows not displaying my monitor.driver problem.please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
guys please help.

while playing test drive unlimited it suddenly freezed with a black screeniving some msvc++ error message.and it made the desktop a bit blurry (i mean every colour of wallpaper to icons became light).

i restarted the pc everything again became normal.downloaded a ms vc++ redistributable and installed.

THEN i uninstalled the nvidia drivers and reinstalled them.after this i am finding this problem.

MY MONITORS OPTIMAL RESOLUTION IS 1024X768.THEREFORE AFTER INSTALLING THE DRIVERS IT SHOULD SHOW 1024X768 AS ITS OPTIMAL RESOLUTION.

BUT TAKE A LOOK AT THE SCREENSHOT.SHOULDNT THE SLIDER BE ON EXTREME RIGHT SHOWING 1024X768.

*img17.imagehosting.gr/out.php/i869796_2.jpg

even the control panel shouldnt show these resolution options.it should be locked
at my optimal resolution.

*img17.imagehosting.gr/out.php/i869795_1.jpg

this screenshot is self explanatory please take a look at it.WHATS IS THIS DEFAULT MONITOR.why windows is not detecting my monitor.

*img17.imagehosting.gr/out.php/i869797_4.jpg

i have windows xp professional.and samsung syncmaster monitor.

please help

Last edited:
OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
allright guys i installed my driver from the cd that came with the card(through windows autodetect hardware) and now its detecting my monitor.but the resolution problem still persists.
*img17.imagehosting.gr/out.php/i869847_1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom