Windows DreamScene Released for Vista Ultimate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Island Dog

Broken In
Today, Microsoft released the final update to Windows DreamScene for users of Windows Vista Ultimate.

As most of you already know, Windows DreamScene transforms your desktop from a static wallpaper image into a full-motion video. In conjunction with Stardock, we’re pleased to also offer a number of cool, new animated DreamScene desktops, including “Aurora”. Additionally, you can use your own videos as DreamScene desktops or visit Stardock’s Dream.WinCustomize.com website to download Stardock’s DeskScapes (an add-on to DreamScene) as well as a collection of fabulous content created by Stardock and members of the Ultimate community.

Source: Ultimate Extras Blog

Don't forget once you get this installed, to head over to Dream.WinCustomize.Com and grab your free download of DeskScapes to enhance the desktop experience.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
dreamscene beta has been out since vista release this seems to be the final release

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
iMav said:
dreamscene beta has been out since vista release this seems to be the final release
Yes this is the final release.

I am not very sure MS has got something substancial to offer in their Ultimate Extras offerings. I am starting to think this is turning out to be a pretty shameful feature for them!!

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Windows DreamScene transforms your desktop from a static wallpaper image into a full-motion video
But the same can be done using winamp(desktop mode) in XP itself.Then what is so special about it?

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^lol.Nice reason.

I was asking that this feature is available in XP intself then what is the hype about?I have read about it a couple of times.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
^^I think dreamscene has to do with more processing power than RAM...
In some dreamscenes the CPU usage is high thats the only problem...

azzu

AJJU
"the same can be done using winamp(desktop mode) in XP itself.Then what is so special about it?"
Didnt Knew this

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^give it a try I too found it by accident and was amazed by this but I don't know whay M$ is making such a fuss about it and why is it exclusive to only Vista Ultimate?

Edit:In VLC too just start playing any video and from video tab select Wallpaper and Woohoo Dreamscene in your XP\Vista.

Last edited:

sabret00the

Youngling
Ankur Gupta said:
^^I think dreamscene has to do with more processing power than RAM...
In some dreamscenes the CPU usage is high thats the only problem...

Would certainly beg to differ with you...as I have always noticed thats my CPU usage fluctuates around zero when using Dreamscene whereas memory usage would shoot up from 300-400MB to around 600-800MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom