Windows 8 problems

Hey people, I need some help here.

I have an un-activated Windows 8 on my PC. I installed it sometime end-of-January'13.
And now, since the past few weeks, I sign in, it works perfectly fine for the first 5 minutes or so, and then everything goes haywire!
And by haywire, I mean completely NOTHING at all. Web Pages don't load, Windows doesnt respond, no task manager nothing.
And if u have the patience to sit back for 5 minutes, then maybe it'll do something (like the browser will close, n will NOT open again,
and not any other browser too) and then u'll restart, and after 5 minutes, it'll all happen all over again.
I ran a virus scan with Windows Defender (My Avast stopped working!), n it showed nothing.

So is it something from Microsoft's side, like they mess up ur Windows 8 which isnt activated just so that u get frustrated enough to buy a genuine copy or something? And if not, what should I do?
If its the former case, I'm thinking of switching back to the old, reliable Windows 7, and I may need help with that too.
Can I install it right on top of Windows 8 without affecting the data in my D,E drives(which do not contain Windows 8 bootable files) ?

Please help. I cannot use my laptop forever for my PC usage.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
It may be a problem with activation. You can reinstall Win7 without affecting the other drives.

It may be a problem with activation. You can reinstall Win7 without affecting the other drives.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
some driver or software is creating this problem.
what was the last driver/sw you installed when these problems started?

I have similar problem, Opera, WMP, Tata Docomo dialer will sometimes crash frequently in Windows 7 for me.
In my case i suspect the Sound Drivers & also Asus wireless PCI card driver software.

Have done reinstalling sound driver to no avail, but cant disturb Asus sw coz at least it works :p (long story short- asus card & its sw are a pain).

z3rO

Journeyman
Microsoft long ago spelled out what happens to the previews after Jan. 15.

"You have no right to use the software after the expiration date," stated the Release Preview's end-user license agreement (EULA). "Starting from the expiration date, you may not be able to access any unsaved data used with the software. Any applications you receive through the Windows Store will also cease to be available to you in future versions, unless they are made available for re-download and you re-acquire them. You may not receive any other notice."

The previews will also automatically restart every one or two hours -- it's unclear which, since a Microsoft support document notes both -- and messages will pop up on the screen telling customers that they must upgrade to a paid license.

^^ These things happened after the Win8 Preview Versions expired on 15th Jan. Chances are that the same things are happening to you on your copy of un-activated Windows 8.

Top Bottom