Windows 7 RC download location

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad1231moody

Journeyman
Hello friends. Just saw that the RC is already available. I would like to try it out. But the problem is that the downloading from the Microsoft server with the java download manager is agonizingly slow. So is there any other source that will provide me with full speeds and will work with my download manager. Please clear my query

OP
mad1231moody

mad1231moody

Journeyman
Not working dear. It stays for few seconds as ISO in download manager and changes to a html page. Please friends if anything other works then please gimme a link

anand1

In the zone
Hello friends. Just saw that the RC is already available. I would like to try it out. But the problem is that the downloading from the Microsoft server with the java download manager is agonizingly slow. So is there any other source that will provide me with full speeds and will work with my download manager. Please clear my query
You need to enable popups for your Browser while downloading. When you click on the Download Button it will prompt you to install plugin and click yes. After that Microsoft will install a custom Download Manager for you and will automatically start Downloading. With this you can have full control over the Downloads. It is working fine for me and i m almost half done, downloading Windows 7 RC.

OP
mad1231moody

mad1231moody

Journeyman
You need to enable popups for your Browser while downloading. When you click on the Download Button it will prompt you to install plugin and click yes. After that Microsoft will install a custom Download Manager for you and will automatically start Downloading. With this you can have full control over the Downloads. It is working fine for me and i m almost half done, downloading Windows 7 RC.
Well anand if you read my first post I have mentioned that I am able to use the download manager provided by MicroSoft. The problem I was getting low speeds. Anyways I have downloaded flashget and it is working like charm.25% done

Hey guys, need advice. How good is 64bit Windows 7 ? Does it have built-in compatibility layers to run old 32bit apps ? And most importantly, the inbuilt windows xp virtual machine is 32 bit or 64 bit ? Because 64 bit XP is all but useless. I need to run several classical XP apps (like NFS 2,3,4 games which my sister is a fan of, and other older games) and hence I want 32bit XP but since I am using 64bit Gentoo OS in my next (probably Athlon II X4) build in a few months, I also want 64bit Windows 7 for the purpose of benchmarking multimedia performance.

anand1

In the zone
Still online Compatibility support provided by the Windows is only for Vista not for Windows 7. You can check with this link *www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/

fabler

Journeyman
I couldn't find my GMA 900 drivers in windows 7 RC.. anybody have any idea regarding this issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom