Windows 7 - my review

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
.anyone tried gaming on it?
with the new catalyst and yet-beta geforce drivers, gaming in WIn7 beats Vista in every sphere.

Here's a review:-

*www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=17784

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I couldn't manage to run my Frontech Werbcam with Win7.

what is the model number of your webcam?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
with the new catalyst and yet-beta geforce drivers, gaming in WIn7 beats Vista in every sphere.

Here's a review:-

*www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=17784

for ATI, the new driver is doing wonders in win7 gaming but that nvidia beta driver is resulting in lower frame rate than that in vista.

Last edited:

saifkamaal

Right off the assembly line
The only plus point other than cool UI is that no more drivers installation. That save a lot of time and unnecessary restarts. But the downside is that hardly any game plays on this OS. This is a big issue and MS needs to look into it.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
The only plus point other than cool UI is that no more drivers installation. That save a lot of time and unnecessary restarts. But the downside is that hardly any game plays on this OS. This is a big issue and MS needs to look into it.

Offcourse the games will soon start supporting Windows 7. :razz:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

are you kidding?

I have played lot of games on win7

saifkamaal

Right off the assembly line
without any offense ... could u please name a few that u hv tried. I tried NFS MW, NBA 2003 .. these old aged games do not run.. how do u expect newer ones to run properly then ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
AOE II
AOE III
NFS MW
NFS Undercoer
GRID
DIRT
Crysis
Brian lara's crieket
virtua tennis 3
Mirror's edge
Far cry
Far Cry 2
FEAR
Burnout Paradise City Ultimate Box
F1 2002
Transformers

horizonrays

Broken In
I am using The Release 7068 Now and Has ALso Used Its First Beta For 4 Months Have Not Seen Any Issue ! Not Even With Game !
It also Support Dual Graphics Card Of Different Company So You Can Plug One Big Ati and One Small Nvidia And Have Both Gaming With PHysx

Kenshin

meowww meoww
Liked the RC , it installed all the drivers by itself, for my NIC installed XP drivers in compatibility mode, works fine. UI is good, less memory usage.

shaunak

Tux Fan
Why is it Windows 7 ! why not Window 8 or 9 ( 9 would be best as it released in 2009)

The name is actually a misnomer. It is actually Windows Build 6.1
Vista being 6 and XP being 5.1. But the name 7 was used during development, and it stuck.

*www.betanews.com/article/The-Windows-name-Is-there-special-significance-to-7/1224090202

Plus 7 seems to be a lucky number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom