Windows 7 low memory error

Darshan Singh

Broken In
Hi guys,

I have an HP laptop Pavilion dv6-6121tx. Its configuration is given below.
Core i7 2.0 GHz processor
4 GB RAM
640 GB HDD
ATI Radeon 2GB 6770M graphics

Recently an error started coming up. While playing some games such CoD-Black Ops and Borderlands 2, an error saying 'Your Computer is low on memory' creeps up. Although I can continue playing Black Ops after canceling the error, however Borderlands 2 gets crashed on getting this error. I know that this issue is not because of low RAM because when I check the memory usage while this error is up, only 3GB of RAM is in use. Therefore this is bound to be a software issue.

Does anyone has a solution? Any help would be appreciated.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
A 32-bit OS can access only 3.2 GB of memory, whereas as a 64-bit OS can access 4 GB or more RAM. Have you enabled Aero in Windows 7?
Aero requires atleast a good GPU with 6GB of RAM to give a good performance. I suggest you upgrade to 64-bit Windows 7/8. Also install 2 GB of RAM, so that you have 6 GB of RAM.
More memory is good for playing high-end Games. You can also install some Memory Boosting software like RamBooster, Advanced System Care etc.,
Some Games are more more Memory consuming beasts!!

OP
Darshan Singh

Darshan Singh

Broken In
The problem has resolved.

I am using 64 bit OS already. The problem occurred because I had disabled the virtual memory. I thought that my laptop had enough physical memory and the virtual memory was not needed but I was wrong. No matter how large your physical memory is, your OS needs virtual memory.

Thanks guys for your suggestions.

Top Bottom