Windows 7 dont install, Please help...

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hai,

While installing Windows 7 x64 bit onto my SSD I cannot do so as my keyboard and my mouse does not work at all while in boot mode or else they work perfectly. Right now I am having Windows 8.1 but I dont like it. So want to install Windows 7 via USB as I dont have a DVD drive. Please help me in this regard.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
1. enter bios setup (for me pressed [DEL]) yours maybe [esc] or [F2]
2. check the menu and select (for me it is) INTERGRATED PERIPHERALS, for you it maybe something similar.
3. go down the menu and check for USB KEYBOARD SUPPORT, make sure it says [ENABLED] if not change it.
4. then save and exit

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Can somebody or any system assembler block with his special software like me not able to install any Windows 7 OS until he can only install. Please suggest a work around for this type of hacking...

PS:I tried everything about peripherals and USB but nothing is working.:-(

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Can somebody or any system assembler block with his special software like me not able to install any Windows 7 OS until he can only install. Please suggest a work around for this type of hacking...

wat :?

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I can instal only Windows 8.1 but not Windows 7. I cannot boot using Windows 7 USB as boot device as my KB+ Mouse are not working at all even though they are plugged into USB 2.0 ports. Please help.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
be clear if you want answer.what exactly is your issue?does usb kb/mouse work while booting win 8.1 or does it not work at all while booting.

it seems like someone turned off legacy usb support option in mobo bios.legacy usb option must be enabled/on in order for usb devices to work with mobo without an os.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
be clear if you want answer.what exactly is your issue?does usb kb/mouse work while booting win 8.1 or does it not work at all while booting.

it seems like someone turned off legacy usb support option in mobo bios.legacy usb option must be enabled/on in order for usb devices to work with mobo without an os.

All I am saying is that I cannot install Window 7 but can install Windows 8.1

While installing windows 7 all USB devices gets turned off(does not work at all) where as while installing windows 8.1 all USB devices works very nice. What could be the problem? Please suggest!

This means I can only install windows 8.1 but not windows 7.OK.
Do you get my point.OK.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Check page 27 of your mobo's manual

Boot Mode Selection
Allows you to select which type of operating system to boot.
►UEFI and Legacy Allows booting from operating systems that support legacy option ROM or UEFI option ROM. (Default)
►Legacy Only Allows booting from operating systems that only support legacy Option ROM.
►UEFI Only Allows booting from operating systems that only support UEFI Option ROM.

This item is configurable only when CSM Support is set to Always

Storage Boot Option Control
Allows you to select whether to enable the UEFI or legacy option ROM for the storage device controller.
►Disabled Disables option ROM.
►UEFI Only Enables UEFI option ROM only.
►Legacy Only Enables Legacy Option ROM only. (Default)
►Legacy First Enables Legacy Option ROM first.
►UEFI First Enables UEFI Option ROM first.

This item is configurable only when CSM Support is set to Always.

Other PCI Device ROM Priority
Allows you to select whether to enable the UEFI or Legacy option ROM for the PCI device controller other than the LAN, storage device, and graphics controllers.
►UEFI OpROM Enables UEFI option ROM only. (Default)
►Legacy OpROM Enables legacy option ROM only

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I doubt he still has it. xD. Bro, follow that ^ or just look for device and USB config options and enable legacy. I have never used uefi bios so I don't know much.

OK. I will enable Legacy In USB options as well as Boot Options and try to install Windows 7 and tell you all the result here.OK.

SaiyanGoku You are super good man :wub::wub::wub::doublethumb::doublethumb::doogone::goodjob:

Top Bottom