Windows 7 connection woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
I m using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit ,n with bsnl home 500 plan

Previously say ( 2 to 3 months back ) ,i was using vista ultimate 32 bit

now previously my connection type was something like this (while using vista )

In bridging mode - LAN use to work but wifi don't (i think it is normal )
in ppoeee mode - lan + Wifi both use to work perfectly and i was using WPA2-PSK as encryption

Now (after installing windows 7 ,with all updates till yesterday )

In bridging mode - Wifi don't work (i understand )

LAN - After switching on the model ,3 led (Power,DSL,LAN PORT INDICATOR ) will start blinking ,BUT WHILE CONNECTING WITH DIALER(WINDOWS) ,it will stop at "connectiong through wan Miniport " ,and give an error saying "Modem or connecting device has retunrd an error )

after that i will switch the modem off ,then on then off then on and third time ,it works following the normal procedure (ie dialling.just as in above )

In PPOEEE mode

After switching Modem on ,4 LED - ( PWR,LAN PORT INDICATOR,DSL,INET ) will build up ,showing that from bsnl to modem there is no problem .

However ,unable to access internet ,the bottom icon of network shows an exclamation mark (yellow) ,saying no Internet access (Though Internet has been accessed in the modem as shown by working LED'S).After switching of and on modem several times ,internet gets connected ,but after 5 minutes again gets disconnected ,with exclamation mark (All thw while the 4 led in modem is blinking )

Again when i try to login with wifi ,it says "connecting" then says "conncetion is taking longer time than usual " and finally does not connect

after that i changed the encryption to WPA - PSK ,and voila ,it connected flawlessly .bit speed is nevertheless slow ,as it is Wi-Fi

Whether i can connect to intyernet or not ,irrespective of that i could acess the internel menu of modem any time ,there was no problem in acessing the modem menu

So my question is ?

1. Why is the internet getting connected only after 2 to 3 attempts of OF-ON in Bridging mode ,that also when there is a perfect DSL conncetion coming

2. Why does internet does not get accessed in PPOEEE mode ,even ehen all the 4 LED are on showing modem is correct

3. In wifi ,why cannot i use a WPA2-PSK encryption ,though it is very secure .When i sue WPA -PSK ,it works ,but everybode knows WPA can be easilt hacked than wpa 2
WPA 2 ,and this give me shivers ?

Please help .Everything was working fine in vista (ultimate ,32 bit ),but in 7 everything is going hayware

pushkar

Journeyman
You said you use both Wifi and LAN. Please try disabling the other adapter when trying to use one. Like, if you are trying to connect using LAN, disable the Wifi adapter, and vice versa.

You can open Network connections by entering "ncpa.cpl" in Run or Start Menu search.

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
i have diabled ,i mean to say that i use only one of them at a time ,i have a pc and a laptop with both of them having win 7 64 bit . and also when i would like to use the wifi ,i switch wifi on in the modem ,else modem wifi is off interneally due to fear of hacking .

The problem comes mainly with pc ,in which i have joint with LAN . Both in bridging and ppoeee mode it is giving me problems . Lappy has a limitation that i m only able to use the ppoeee mode (else wifi does not work )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom