Windows 10 Technical Preview : Build 10049 :Mail/Cal/People Error

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
So, I could not wait long enough and played the windows 10 card on my main PC.

It was definitely a risky call but worth it.

Build 10041 was installed from the ISO in windows site.

Later it was updated to 10049 with project Spartan, and it took 9 eternal hours to complete the update, which was a strenuous test of patience.

Now that all things are done...Windows 10 is..

Frigging awesome!!! Start Menu is back, cortana's there to replace search with absolutely beautiful interface. Project Spartan can kill chrome anyday.

Did I forget to mention DirectX 12??

Well its all there, still in beta but so far so good except a few things...

The reason this post is, if anyone have signed up the insider programme and installed the Preview Build 10049... Please let me know if you have came across this issue.

People/Mail/Calender in Windows apps are messed up. They could not be opened OR updated/installed from Windows Store. Throws a hex error which translates to a simple "store screw up".

I tried with some power-shell command and whatnot but damn.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
My hands are twitching to upgrade to final version of windows 10, already got dem keys for both PC and laptop...
I have been using windows 7 till now, i think its finally time to upgrade

Anyway, is the spartan browser really good ? I gotta search around for that

A

amit.tiger12

spartan browser not yet available I think..
search.. found :)
The browser is currently available for download along with the latest build of Windows 10, which will be released as a free upgrade for Windows users this summer.

Flash

Lost in speed
How to fix Mail, Calendar, and People apps in Windows 10 Preview Build 10041 | Windows Central

A

amit.tiger12

^ i installed 1st developer preview I don't know the build no. but start menu was not that good.. they included start screen in start menu. WTF!
experience was bad,, but it was developer preview without spartan browser. !

How is it now with new build? asking start menu. give us some screenshot of start menu.

OP
sam_738844

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^^ I willl give a full round up of all that looks new on Windows 10 once I get back. Right now in windows blog to solve that annoying apps issue. Spartan is awesome. The final version with all bells and whistles can throw the gauntlet to chrome. Build 10041 does not have Spartan, build 10049 is pretty much all about Spartan.

Somehow i'm yet to find the ISO for 10049 from legit windows site, so I updated the previous build (which freaked me out). But the ISO is anyway available in *cough**cough* sites.

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go. and [MENTION=142062]Flash[/MENTION] ..thanks man..yesterday i tried teh same thing dint work..today got it right.

Cortana Search

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/w101_zpsieikm12a.jpg

Spartan

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/w11_zpsx5we2she.jpg

Notification and Settings Window

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/w13_zps6vknunw1.jpg

Tab View

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/w12_zpsnfpduish.jpg

Control Panel

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/w14_zpsk5tf6lre.jpg

Start Menu Windows 8.1 Style

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/w15_zpsm7vetbo6.jpg

Classic Start Menu with Live Tiles

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/w16_zpssvsn0udp.jpg

A

amit.tiger12

^ looking great.. (because of wallpaper)
start menu is still the same... they need to do something about that start menu..

Top Bottom