Windows 10 Random freeze

surya_sapui

In the zone
Dear Guys, on my pc getting random hang or freeze, after freezing mouse keyboard not working & display freeze.

I reinstall windows 10 with complete delete the partition & reinstall with latest driver but result same.
I replace the ram but result same.

But on bios it's not freezing & temp of processor 39'c always.load bios default but no effect.

My configuration :
Processor : Amd FX 6300
Mobo: Asus 970 pro gaming aura
Ram : 12gb (2 x 4gb corsair) (2x 2gb gskill)
Heatsink : Noctua NH-D15
Smps:cooler master 650 watt.
Hard Disk : Total 5, 64gb Ssd crusial for os, another 4 for backup.
GPU : Nvidia GT 630
Sound card : creative sound blaster zx

Can you pls help me to get out where is actual problem.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Does it recover from the freeze or you need to reset it by pressing Reset button?
What is the frequency of the freeze?
Check if you can make out anything meaningful from the system event viewer just in case.

Check HDD /SSD for errors, use free tools like CrystalDiskInfo.
Check if mobo vendor has provided any system monitoring app like temp/voltage and so.
Disconnect all HDDs and then run the system for a few days with only SSD? Does the freeze appear.
Remove the add on sound card and run the system with onboard sound or no sound for the time being. Check if that makes any difference.

I had an old PC with XP that would freeze the moment I would insert headphone in the back panel Line-Out socket!!

Alternate between HDDs one by one and retry, just in case there's any drive that's giving any trouble.
Sometimes lost I/O might exhibit similar behavior, hence suggesting above. Other possibilities might exists as well.

Is 39 Deg C when only BIOS is running or when Windows and other apps are running?
It might be that the PSU is no longer in good shape and might not be providing adequate power to run all components together. As already mentioned run the system with minimal components and troubleshoot from thereon.

Last edited:
OP
S

surya_sapui

In the zone
Does it recover from the freeze or you need to reset it by pressing Reset button?
What is the frequency of the freeze?
Check if you can make out anything meaningful from the system event viewer just in case.

Check HDD /SSD for errors, use free tools like CrystalDiskInfo.
Check if mobo vendor has provided any system monitoring app like temp/voltage and so.
Disconnect all HDDs and then run the system for a few days with only SSD? Does the freeze appear.
Remove the add on sound card and run the system with onboard sound or no sound for the time being. Check if that makes any difference.

I had an old PC with XP that would freeze the moment I would insert headphone in the back panel Line-Out socket!!

Alternate between HDDs one by one and retry, just in case there's any drive that's giving any trouble.
Sometimes lost I/O might exhibit similar behavior, hence suggesting above. Other possibilities might exists as well.

Is 39 Deg C when only BIOS is running or when Windows and other apps are running?
It might be that the PSU is no longer in good shape and might not be providing adequate power to run all components together. As already mentioned run the system with minimal components and troubleshoot from thereon.
I removed all USB cable from all ports only use wireless keyboard mouse dongle receiver from cabinet USB port.
Then I observed freezing are reduced and only one time a day.

Processors temp also now reduce & vary from 16' to 40'.

But problem not resolve completely. So from tomorrow I remove all HDD except ssd. Remove sound card & wireless card also.

Then see what happen.I scaned through crystaldiskinfo, attached snap, kindly check. Between from all HDD two hard disk in caution.

But I want know how to know error from event viewer pls specify then I upload here you can check

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181021/4c8be306c27c04c5e600a5f176c8f51c.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181021/30fa02ab9c611871104b08ceee54a18b.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181021/97a3da7f89fb9740b064289f830c8157.jpg

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm .. those are some high temps for HDDs. Anyway, those HDDs are going bad so take bacjup of important data and buy a new 2 or 3tb hdd.

Top Bottom