Window Media Player 10 can't play Audio CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

debrajrakshit

Broken In
I recently facing a problem with Windows Media Player 10. I am trying to play audio cds by the media player, but it dosn't able to play the music. It plaing a Noisy Sound. But with the Winamp and other media players I can here the Audio CDs. So, I confirmed that there is no problem with my Sound Card ( which is Creative Sound Blaster 4.1 )and other hardware. I have upgraded the Windows XP by latest patches. But the problem still remaining. But I have already played many Audio CDs by the Media Player 10 before a week. There was no broblem with the Windows Media Player 10. The problem suddenly arived. I didn't make any system restore in these days.

Please tell me the solution. :cry:

legolas

Padawan
try a system restore then probably to some point before that week... it shud fix the problem i think.. or uninstll any newly installed softwares u think might be a problem! this is windows!!! any thing might affect "everything"! :)

/legolas

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Go to Tools-->options--->devices--->speakers properties.Check whether the 'use 24 bit for audio cd's' option is selected.If it is,uncheck it and now trying playing your audio cd's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom