win98 vs winxp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujjwal

Padawan
Unless you used the BETA version of the service pack, you should have an uninstall option in Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs

When does your system lock up/crash? 98 isn't as stable as windows NT systems (esp 2000 & above), but if the crashes increased after installing that SP, then I think its better to uninstall it.

BTW, programs which specifically state support for one operating system are unlikely to run well on others, by "normal" methods.

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
Saharika wrote:
Yes! i believe all of them almost can be done ... but i'm not sure of performance to ne extent ... Shocked

then why do they say ...compatoble for this ...giving name of OS
after all as u say every program can be made compatible ....
i am some what confused....

Saharika!! i said it bcz this can be done but ... preference is sth else... see campatibility means! the patch files, compilers ..& all the necessary stuff required by the s/w or games etc. is inside tht OS only!! ... & compatibility is all about running ur s/w successfully on an OS .& i think U might very well understand tht how does these OS differ .... they differ in their compilers , their scheduling algorithms memory procedures & all this ...

& yes! it can be done but not through normal means! tht is compatibility... easy & clean run of the programs!! EVEN for novice users!! of tht very respective s/w ..got it ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom