Win98 SE and Win Me is not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare_dexter

Broken In
I have a COMPAQ PRESARIO with 845 chipset and clockspeed is 2.8gHz. But whenever I try to load my Windows 98 SE or Windows Me, the total system hangs! Is it a support problem? The sound option is giving the extreme pain! Ther's no problem with Windows XP or Windows 2000 pro. But I love older versions for their speed. Can the Unofficial Windows 98 patcher which came with DIGIT help? i'm afraid of formatting my current xp system, as the updates and antivirus updates will go. Please help with a details!

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Where have u installed the Windows 98 SE or Windows Me in u r system???are they is separate partitions or not????

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Just do some simple things.....

1. Backup ur data on frnds HDD

2. Format C: drive or all drives....
by bootable CD/Floppy

3. If some problem comes in partition
repartition by fdisk...

System hangs while installing windows...hmmmm...some RAM chip is corrupt ..or some faulty hardware

Follow the above advices...and njoy...Nirvana with Win98...

Peace
Sumit :)

saROMan

QA Juggler
esumitkumar said:
Just do some simple things.....

1. Backup ur data on frnds HDD

2. Format C: drive or all drives....
by bootable CD/Floppy

3. If some problem comes in partition
repartition by fdisk...

System hangs while installing windows...hmmmm...some RAM chip is corrupt ..or some faulty hardware

Follow the above advices...and njoy...Nirvana with Win98...

Peace
Sumit :)

1 He has mentioned He dont want to format ..also Formating should be considerd Last option and not First

2 He has mentioned XP/2000 Works Fine so Its not Ram problem nor Hardware

So No hard feelings bro but i would Heartly suggest please Read the post b4 replying

Now coming back to problem...you have given insufficient info bro...plz tell me how many partitions you have and is 98/Me/Xp/2000 installed on seprate partitions or same ? ...also what you mean by LOAD ...Booting in 98/ME or installing 98/Me coz if you mean installing then its not easy to install 98/Me over XP .....

also it may be possible that some system files have gone corrupt or misplaced thats why the system hangs ..so plz reply with the details so that it can be rectified correctly.....

q3_abhi

Youngling
Is the operating system original one???I heard that Compaq system gives problems with the pirated one's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom