Will you get Galaxy S6??

$hadow

Geek in making
There is also a general conception which is if it is a flagship it has to be costly. And now manufacturers has to provide the devices at a higher price. Even though they can at a later stage reduce the price but at launch it has to be costly.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The build quality is garbage of this phone, the Edge variant I mean. Samsung should be wiped off from the face of this planet.

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r5BFHDnCTs

A

amit.tiger12

the OP already disappeared, what's the point in discussing?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Given a neutral point of view, these are the thing I concern about the most for S6:

1. Pricing. I'm expecting a 20-30% price drop within 2-4 months. If the phone is worth the launch price, why drop it? If its worth the newer lower price, why launch it at such high price? Price should remain the same at least for 6-8 months.
2. OS: Optimised or not, they need to start from scratch or use stock android with added apps only. That gives the buyer enough room to decide what apps he wants and what he doesn't. Kinda like optional software updates/modules.

Then,What would be no selling point for NOTE 5 etc, by 6-8 months.The market would be flooded by newer flagships like Moto X 15, Nexus 2015, One Plus Two and the likes.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Then,What would be no selling point for NOTE 5 etc, by 6-8 months.The market would be flooded by newer flagships like Moto X 15, Nexus 2015, One Plus Two and the likes.

Don't bother. I will upload a video in 4k drinking my own piss on Youtube if there was ever phone which's price remained the same for 6-8 months, okay lets make it more childish, decrease the duration to 3 months, no wait, 2 months.

Ridiculousness at it's best.
--------------------------------

Anyway ON TOPIC, another drop test video, again of the Edge variant, *www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdkPKeOVOrk

---------------------------------

And GSMArena's comparison of M9 and S6: Samsung Galaxy S6 vs. HTC One M9: Dressed to kill - GSMArena.com

Darn that M9 has better crosstalk than S6, it has better looks too (IMO), if it just had a camera then Samsung could have even more hard time selling the damn phone.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The galaxy S6 vs the Upcoming Moto Maxx
AMOLED vs OLED (same resolution)
Exynos vs Snapdragon 805 (holy crep)
16 MP vs 24 MP camera GS6 can do 4k at 30 fps whereas according to MOTO MAXX GSMarena page, it is limited to 24fps only
No memory card vs Yes memory card
Fingerprint sensor vs NOT
Plastic vs Kevlar/Nylon according to your choice
No water/shock protection on GS6 vs Splashproof and to some extent Shockproof (Think Motorola Defy)

Lastly the price : GS6 will be massively overpriced at launch but the Moto Maxx has already been teased by Flipkart to be 41k, because this product has already been launched in the US since Nov 2014.. I think pricing will determine the victor, if it hasnt been determined already

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
To be really honest, This time S6 is "pretty" good and I woudn't mind considering it(if I had the money) and it was SUB - 35-40k

A

amit.tiger12

I don't like Samsung, they are making good phones but they want us to buy any phone only because their brand name is "Samsung", that's why I don't like Samsung... :)
but I really like Samsung's Note series... only because of this product they are giving tough fight to iPhone... I would love to buy note device when it will become affordable... :)

$hadow

Geek in making
I don't like Samsung, they are making good phones but they want us to buy any phone only because their brand name is "Samsung", that's why I don't like Samsung... :)
but I really like Samsung's Note series... only because of this product they are giving tough fight to iPhone... I would love to buy note device when it will become affordable... :)

wait for galaxy s6 vs iphone 6 face off in the near future.

Iphone 6 barely holds a candle in front of that Rs22,000 Galaxy Alpha. . . read the three way comparison between iPhone 6, xperia Z3c and Galaxy Alpha at GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more...

Pratibha

Right off the assembly line
Samsung Galaxy S6 is a new model in Galaxy family. It will launched on April 10. Yes, I want but after few months. This is very slim smartphone. It runs on Android v5.0.2 Lollipop OS and 2.1 GHz Quad-core processor. It offers 5.1 inch Super AMOLED display with high pixel density and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 for protecting the screen. The Fingerprint sensor are also available for high security purpose when we unlock the phone. The camera is capture the clear pictures with 16 MP auto focus rear camera with LED flash and 5 MP front camera. Galaxy S6 is not supported the microSD card, it has 16 GB, 32 GB and 128 GB internal memory. The non removable battery capacity is 2550 mAh.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Samsung Galaxy S6 is a new model in Galaxy family. It will launched on April 10. Yes, I want but after few months. This is very slim smartphone. It runs on Android v5.0.2 Lollipop OS and 2.1 GHz Quad-core processor. It offers 5.1 inch Super AMOLED display with high pixel density and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 for protecting the screen. The Fingerprint sensor are also available for high security purpose when we unlock the phone. The camera is capture the clear pictures with 16 MP auto focus rear camera with LED flash and 5 MP front camera. Galaxy S6 is not supported the microSD card, it has 16 GB, 32 GB and 128 GB internal memory. The non removable battery capacity is 2550 mAh.

Do you always have to type all the specifications without even reading what the original poster is asking? :|

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Though this thread was supposed to be a yes or no thread, it was bound to morph into s6 discussion thread overtime
Plenty of reviews are coming out and it seems Samsung is back in the game, big time
Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge review: Samsung's best phones in years
Seems to have nailed it on almost all aspects
The onus is on lg to one up these guys exciting times ahead, though HTC's future look glim

Btw in the post above comparing Moto maxx to s6 the features seems to be have been stripped down to bare bones
The things that aren't mentioned are
Amoled display is the best in market ( certified by display mate), the oled screen of maxx is older generation supplied by Samsung itself I think
Back is not plastic but glass (Corning 4)
The exynos on s6 smokes the 805
And is it shock proof?? Defy was a rugged phone, I don't know if maxx is!?
Maxx I think is a bit late to the market

$hadow

Geek in making
Well the basic answer from everyone should either be yes or no. Not a detailed comparison.

Top Bottom