Will you get Galaxy S6??

kusoto

New to this forum
What’s going to be your next phone? Will it be Galaxy S6? Well frankly speaking, I'm amazed by the screen and new design. Non-removable battery/SD card could be a problem but I am going to try some extended battery case. Samsung finally realized that importance of design.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
What’s going to be your next phone? Will it be Galaxy S6? Well frankly speaking, I'm amazed by the screen and new design. Non-removable battery/SD card could be a problem but I am going to try some extended battery case. Samsung finally realized that importance of design.

Never going to buy a samdung phone ever. or flagships priced anything above 25k.

But if I had the money, I'll rather buy a Moto Maxx, LG G Flex 2 or wait for LG G4. Don't like the way samdung drops the phone prices.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I say now people can go with Samsung galaxy A7 & recently Samsung Galaxy A7 is launched in Malaysia.It comes with 16GB of storage and is capable of 4G support.It features 2GB of RAM & 8MP rear cameras.

There are other phones which have way better specifications than any phone from samdung in respective price ranges. People don't have to buy overpriced overbloated phones from them.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
No, won't buy it, cause the screen is way too small, especially when I have got used with the Note series' screen for pretty long now. But I like the design all over, still don't like that they omitted the SD card slot for some damn metal, well what can you do!

Also the S6 Edge is a far more attractive looking device to my eyes, I mean side by side with standard S6, I don't know why anyone will buy the normal version (as long as you are not bothered about the price).

I will get the Note 5 as soon as it releases, I mean the Note 5 Edge variant.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
No, won't buy it, cause the screen is way too small, especially when I have got used with the Note series' screen for pretty long now. But I like the design all over, still don't like that they omitted the SD card slot for some damn metal, well what can you do!

Also the S6 Edge is a far more attractive looking device to my eyes, I mean side by side with standard S6, I don't know why anyone will buy the normal version (as long as you are not bothered about the price).

I will get the Note 5 as soon as it releases, I mean the Note 5 Edge variant.

If some OEM can make better phones at half the price, they are cheap? What about samdung when it launches a phone every week with same specifications as phone available at one third to one fourth of its price? Aren't they the desperate OEM trying to flood the market with whatever overpriced crap they make?

Last edited by a moderator:
A

amit.tiger12

and what about importance of money???

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thread cleaned. Try not to insult other members. State your own opinions. Don't try to judge others on the basis of theirs.
This is applicable to whomever thinks it's applicable to. Let's see if you guys are mature enough.

$hadow

Geek in making
Why there is so much hatred on stating a single fact. Just state the fact and read others. The question is straight forward would you buy it or not.

$hadow

Geek in making
For 50k, iPhone 6 seems better( which is actually cheaper now).
Hence, No. I wouldn't get it.

Considering iphone was launched a few months back the price has gone down and similar is going to be the case with s6. With the passage of time price will certainly go down.

LegendKiller

In the zone
I have checked S6 out yesterday and it's bloody awesome, put my G3 to shame. I won't rely on those silly chinese/japanese 15K phones as they have no support structure in India......Fact that they rely on flash-sales, speaks volumes about their footprint in India.

Even Motorola has no presence here. Probably those phones are priced so cheap, so that you won't mind throwing it in the dustbin the moment it stops functioning.

I had a HTC One-S 2 years back and when it stopped working, for next 40 days........I had to call them/e-mail them, every 2-3 days, to know the status of my complaint.

So, no thank you. If you see objectively then S6 is the best galaxy till date and one of the best phones ever made.......period!

- - - Updated - - -

For 50k, iPhone 6 seems better( which is actually cheaper now).
Hence, No. I wouldn't get it.

It's 56K for a 16gb model dude. And no iphone-6 is not better in any way better.

ashs1

Padawan
It's 56K for a 16gb model dude. And no iphone-6 is not better in any way better.

I agree..iphone6 might not be better than S6, but if i was going for raw performance, i'd go for OPO. For 50k, i would be buying a phone for probably only for showing off/status purposes :D :D

Besides, The rate at which the samsung's price falls is too damn high..S5 launched at ~50k is now available for ~32k...iphone6 was launched at ~53k is now available for ~49-50k ( approx online prices).. at least the feel/pride of owning a premium phone will be there with iphone :D :p

Galaxy S5 is Rs 29,000 now.
while Nexus 4 is still Rs 24,000 :(
(dont tell me oo00o Nexus is better blah blah thats why it is still expensive blah blah)

Anyways, the Galaxy S4 Black Edition at Rs17,900 is a STEAL, ammirite??

And shouldn't we be happy that Samsung AT LEAST lowers the price of its phones?

- - - Updated - - -

at least the feel/pride of owning a premium phone will be there with iphone :D :p
I feel the pride of premiumness from the quality, build and features the phones provide me, not the PRICE . Why should we be unhappy when someone poorer than us can afford the awesome phone we have.

Many people rage on when their expensive phone's price drops by a huge margin in a few months. Would they be happier if it remained expensive? what kinda a selfish self centred mentality is that???

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Well price falls isn't new, it used to happen with most of the companies before too, Nokia for eg, but HTC and lg phones doesn't drop that much
And I think s6 edge won't be dropping that fast, since i feel its squarely aimed at niche market
About buying the phone, it certainly looks like the best you can get in the android realm and if I had the money to burn I might get it

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Sure, why not ? S6 is a damn good phone. IMHO, no matter how bad Samsung prices its phones it can't be denied that they have a lot of resources and R&D at their disposal. So, even though I'd never get a Samsung with the amount of cash I have to burn, I'd still not mind having one for a discount or a #giveaway.

S6 edge is definitely something.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Galaxy S6,interesting concept of screen and new developments such as "better" touchwiz(they removed a bit of the bloat,cant say more unless i get a hands on),Dual edge screen,unibody design etc

Very interesting ,drastic change by samsung but not enough to make me wanna buy it
Reasons-

1.Dual edge display will be more susceptible to be damaged

2.Tougher to find a cover for the phone because 2 sides of the bezel is nearly gone

3.tougher to put scratch gard and tempered glass protector,I know it has gorilla glass 4 blah blah but Id feel much safer with a scratch gard or tempered glass protector

4.Going by previous handsets ,im not really sold on the display and camera as they have a tendency to make oversaturated ones with poor colour reproduction-unnatural (cant say more till a proper hands on),some people prefer it,some dont

5.expensive and im 90% sure repair/servicing cost in future will be expensive as well thanks to unibody design,dual edge screen
(People with Galaxy Grand 1 are being quoted 14k for a simple screen change,I cant imagine what will happen to the S6's service and parts cost)

6. S6 dual edge brings forth a very new concept,its very uncertain if this technology will go forward at all

7. Exynos - always has been a pain , Snapdragon version rumours have been debunked by samsung and there wont be a SD version of the S6 at all

^^My $0.02

If you are rich and want to experience experimental stuff before they may or may not become mainstream,S6 is worth checking out
For me,im not sold on it much ,i havent really seen much over the S5 itself other than display and unibody

- - - Updated - - -

I have checked S6 out yesterday and it's bloody awesome, put my G3 to shame. I won't rely on those silly chinese/japanese 15K phones as they have no support structure in India......Fact that they rely on flash-sales, speaks volumes about their footprint in India.

Even Motorola has no presence here. Probably those phones are priced so cheap, so that you won't mind throwing it in the dustbin the moment it stops functioning.

I had a HTC One-S 2 years back and when it stopped working, for next 40 days........I had to call them/e-mail them, every 2-3 days, to know the status of my complaint.

So, no thank you. If you see objectively then S6 is the best galaxy till date and one of the best phones ever made.......period!

- - - Updated - - -

you cant compare a 15K phone to a full fledged flagship like s6
As for iphone 6,its like comparing apples and oranges,you cant say it has nothing over the S6
expensive yes,but that doesnt mean the iphone is worthless

- - - Updated - - -

Considering iphone was launched a few months back the price has gone down and similar is going to be the case with s6. With the passage of time price will certainly go down.

every 6 months iphones have dropped price from 45k to 35k and then 30k after 6 more months
^^ usually

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Given a neutral point of view, these are the thing I concern about the most for S6:

1. Pricing. I'm expecting a 20-30% price drop within 2-4 months. If the phone is worth the launch price, why drop it? If its worth the newer lower price, why launch it at such high price? Price should remain the same at least for 6-8 months.
2. OS: Optimised or not, they need to start from scratch or use stock android with added apps only. That gives the buyer enough room to decide what apps he wants and what he doesn't. Kinda like optional software updates/modules.

Top Bottom