Will this game run on this configuration?

GameAddict

In the zone
Hi Gamerz,

Started this thread so that, there won't be any need to create different threads for the latest/old games and thier playability.

One can ask the question whether the xyz game will run on abc configuration or not? And if yes, how nicely? If the game runs with the use of Software T&L or other such tools, mention that too.

The whole point is to find out whether the game can run on the mentioned configuration with acceptable playability.

Let me start with Max Payne 2. My friend has:

Pentium 1.6 GHz
256 RAM
Intel 845GL Onboard Graphics

Will Max Payne 2 run on it and how nicely?

Bye!

GA

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Actually it would run quite fine only without the AA options etc. Still the game would look good, no problems in that.

I think this thread should be made a sticky.

DKant

In the zone
So it should.

And BTW MP2 will run without any problems whatsoever. Of course u can't turn everything on, but it wldn't matter much.

Heck it works on a PIII 866 with 128MB RAM and a 32MB SiS PCI gfx card! :D Smoothly at that! Even Painkiller, NFS:U2 and PoP:WW work on this rig for that matter. Of these only Painkiller is unplayably slow cuz of Havok. :(

So never trust the so-called "min. requirements" blindly. Check out the demo and u'll get the real picture.

Of course needless to say this is true only for the non-shader-based graphically un-intensive (relatively) games. :)

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Quite true.. the minimum specs are always misleading. Either get the demo and see it for yourself or talk with some one who has played the same game on a config similar or lesser to yours.

OP
GameAddict

GameAddict

In the zone
PoP:WW is a surprise!

@DKant: PoP:WW will run on my friend's PC, is a surprise. Will surely try it out! And that means SoT *should* run too! Thanks for the info.!

Yes, one can try out the demo and then go for the whole game.

Has anybody tried MGS2:Substance on the above config. Pls. let me know, so that I can convince him to buy the copy ;)

And keep posting your experiences!

Bye!

GA

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
PoP:WW will run doesnt means that the same config will be able to run PoP:SOT...atleast thats what has happened with me and many of my pals. WW runs fine but SoT wont go beyond the splash screen.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
POP:WW does not need H/W T&L where in POP SOT needs it. So POP:WW runs does not gurantee POP SOT running.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
SoT gives all sort of corrupted textures with 3DAnalyse. Bottom half of the screen looks all garbled up. Not worth playing like that. Tried all sorts of combinations in 3DAnalyse, yet it threw up graphics artifacts in-game.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
yup true. I tried to play PoP on my FX 440 with 3D analyser and it was a mess. No matter what settings I tried it was just horrible. Ah it looks so beautiful on my 6800 ;)

DKant

In the zone
6800? Yaar jaley pe namak mat chidko.;)

@DKant: PoP:WW will run on my friend's PC, is a surprise. Will surely try it out! And that means SoT *should* run too! Thanks for the info.!

Lemme warn u it's a borderline scenario. It needn't work on a similar config. It's just that I was lucky. Of coz u might be luckier. :D So don't buy the game b4 u've actually tried it urself. :)

BTW how about making this a "Will this game run on that configuration" cum "If not, how can I make it work with 3dAnalyse/other emul8r" thread? Most - including myself - just can't get it right and get it working.

For starters, how do I get CoD working with my card? The console starts up and then gives an error : s3tc compression not found. I guess that means texture compression isn't available. Any known work-around in 3dA? Thanks.

OP
GameAddict

GameAddict

In the zone
Ok, post edited!

@DKant: Thanks for your input, the purpose of the thread has became much more clearer.

Thanks to others for pointing out the issue with PoP:SoT...saved my time from a fruitless excercise.

You can check the starting post, and let me know! :)

Bye!

GA

Sourabh

Laptoping
icecoolz said:
yup true. I tried to play PoP on my FX 440 with 3D analyser and it was a mess. No matter what settings I tried it was just horrible. Ah it looks so beautiful on my 6800 ;)

FX440 kahan se aa gaya

hope u meant MX 440!!

gamefreak14

Journeyman
Ok...everyone, POP:SOT can be played on a non-HW T&L card. I've seen my friend do that a year back. I don't remember the setting, but check out (and post your query @ the 3dA forum) and you'll be playing it in no time...

vamsi104

Broken In
Far cry problem?

I have a geforce fx 5700le 128mb card,
When I tried to run farcry,it was just horrible.
can any one suggest the required settings for smooth running of it .

can any one please give me some info about how anti-aliasing works in a 3d game?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
AFAIK 5700LE Sucks badly at gaming.The Most your could do is lower every detail and Resolution of the game and even try Closing all unwanted Tasks in your system Tray.What FPS Do you normally acquire for the game and Post ur overall config as well as something else could form the bottle Neck too.

and here's how an Anti-Aliasing works During a Game
*www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/aa.html

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Constantine min system requirements :

CPU: 1.5GHz or equivalent processor
Memory: 128MB RAM
Video: 64MB Direct3D compatible video card (card must support Pixel Shading)
Sound: DirectX 9c compatible sound card
HDD: 2.5GB free space
Peripherals: Keyboard Mouse
DVD-ROM: 4x DVD-ROM or faster

I seriously doubt that it will work.

Top Bottom