Will this game run on this configuration?

borax12

the dotmaster
The website is great and the best part is it gives me rates in India. I have one last question I know many of you have said not to worry and that the card is a good card, but I can't get it out of my mind that in some games at a res of 1920*1080 games have a very little FPS. I just want to know if I can play all the games at high settings and a res of 1920*1080 smoothly cause lower FPS means its not going to be smooth.
Thank you :)

...hey bro.....remember always......that saying that "the card is great" is a relative term....i must say that the hd5870 is a great performer on a comparative note...but that doesn't make it the best...probably dual or quad xfire setups will be better....but thats not a very sensible option....and yes for now u will be able to play all the games in 1080p res....though not the highest setting but somewhere between the highest and middle most settings for some very graphically taxing games(stalker call for pipyrat...i believe....dunno if its the most graphically taxing game or not).....so rest assured for now u have very good card...but very slowly even this card will become a little lesser in performance when more taxing games come out...till then rest assured of performance...u wont be disappointed

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
...hey bro.....remember always......that saying that "the card is great" is a relative term....i must say that the hd5870 is a great performer on a comparative note...but that doesn't make it the best...probably dual or quad xfire setups will be better....but thats not a very sensible option....and yes for now u will be able to play all the games in 1080p res....though not the highest setting but somewhere between the highest and middle most settings for some very graphically taxing games(stalker call for pipyrat...i believe....dunno if its the most graphically taxing game or not).....so rest assured for now u have very good card...but very slowly even this card will become a little lesser in performance when more taxing games come out...till then rest assured of performance...u wont be disappointed

This is what he want to hear. As everyone knows graphics card will be obsolete in small span of time. so no one expect his card to play all new games @ full settings @ high res. Its like i got my 7600GT at the time of its release and it played every games @ high, but its not able to handle Crysis @ 1920*1080. :D

He know this fact and every one of us know this. So get a card which can play the current gen games @ high settings @ HD and let it be, as its enuff to play the upcoming games, at least for few years. Peace....:D

Last edited:

chicha

High without substance...
the most painful part is that things change and they change so fast, its very difficult to keep up. so what I have decided to get a mobo which will support a new age 6 core proccy, rams, and graphics card and then upgrade when ever possible. Right now corssfire is out of my budget, and I almost every time turn off shadow and motion blur and all that and keep my res high and 2X AA, and Triliniar on Vsync off,detail high with my XFX 8600 and I was able to play and finish crysis and gears of war Bioshock, Half life 2 ( all of em ), Timeshift and many many games. All I want from my new card is to take me from 2x AA to 8X AA, physics on, and other settings to high if not ultra high or higher if there is any.

borax12

the dotmaster
.....full official support for physix...from an ati card..is not possible...though some third party devs have made plugins that work....but actually this physix visualization is done byt he ati cards on their hardware front...so take it in this way that the card has physix ppu built right inside it...so dont worry abt pysi..and i believe 8X AA on recent games that too on 1080p would be possible now...but not later on...u will eventually have to sacrifice on the antialiasing later on ...with newer releases.......but for now...u have a stunner of a card...rest assured.....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ chicha - so after reading all these posts which card you decided to get HD 5850 or HD 5870 ?

borax12

the dotmaster
he sure needs to buy an ati 5870 .....if budget is no problem....though 5850 is a very good card...but better to buy a level higher if he can...and plus if the psu and board are sufficient enough....why not go for the 5870....(o'clock this baby and it grills!!!!)...waise...@chicha what are ur decisions on the psu and mobo..?

chicha

I have thought about it, I will buy 5870 card it will set me back by 8-10K but I will wait till I get that extra cash.

Board------MSI 890GXM-G65 DDR3 16GB USB 3.0 AMD Motherboard
CPU------- AMD 965 BE
PSU-------Tagan 600W Modular Power Supply (BZ600)
tower-----CM 690 II Advanced
Card------ ATi 5870 ( not really sure from which company )

what say?

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

oh and Ram will be Gskill Ripjaws 2*2 @ 1066 G.Skill 4GB (2GB x2) DDR3 RAM (F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL)

borax12

the dotmaster
thats a great config...friend.....but if you cpuld .....chnge the PSU...dont know what and how well the tagan psu's perform..but if you could tell the budget allocation for psu...i might tell you another viable option...(only if you are interested in other reputed brands...like corsair,or cooler master....)and ...i suppose going with non modular good psu's will help you more.....(only if you are very keen to have a good cable management arrangement in ur case)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@chicha

Go for Sapphire HD5870 or MSI Twin-Frozer II.

@borax12

Tagan is one of the reputed brands and its more or less same as Corsair. AFAIK there is no harsh reviews by my friends who have the Tagan 500W PSU's.

borax12

the dotmaster
regarding the sapphire option...is it the vapor x version u are talking abt...if it is....thats would be a better choice...

the msi twin msi twin frozer is not a good option....(the added twin frozer cooler will sure give a lot of o'clock headroom....but the vapor x seems to perform better..)
also it has come onto notice.....there is this 2gb toxic version of sapphire 5870 vapor x available....too.....if u can afford that go for...it....dunno the price...but performance wise seems the best.....

chicha

regarding the sapphire option...is it the vapor x version u are talking abt...if it is....thats would be a better choice...

the msi twin msi twin frozer is not a good option....(the added twin frozer cooler will sure give a lot of o'clock headroom....but the vapor x seems to perform better..)
also it has come onto notice.....there is this 2gb toxic version of sapphire 5870 vapor x available....too.....if u can afford that go for...it....dunno the price...but performance wise seems the best.....

Its a big stretch I made from 5850 to 5870 so I will stick with a normal 5870 and then overclock it, else if games are getting more interesting and taxing I will buy a newer one or will setup Crossfire.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ That's great

Get the Normal HD 5870 version of Sapphire and if you are interested in Ocing two of these babies then get atleast a corsair TX 750W 7.5-8K to be on safe side or else you may need to buy another psu if you want another gfx card in cf setup.

hunterzz

Right off the assembly line
Hi GUYS, i just wanna know what games will my comp be able to run.
SPECS- 512mb ram
800mhz( its really low but ive run games like total overdose, gta san andreas etc.)
128 mb vga

THANXX :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't be so cryptic while posting.

what cpu and gfx card ( models/series names ) do you have exactly and your ram speed is 800 MHz right ??

Try Max Payne 1, Return to Castle wolfenstein, Undying, Quake 3 Arena, Couter Strike and the legendary Half Life 1 with two expansion packs :p

hunterzz

hey topgear,
I have a - 128mb nvidia geforce mx4000
IBM cpu wid 800 MHz
512mb of ram

and my cpu has run bigger games like ultimate spiderman, GTA san andreas, prince of persia 1 & 2 , max pyane 2 ,total overdose , x-men rise of apocalypse, NFS CARBON etc. ( Though not that big now).

i like playing 3rd person RPG's , if u can suggest some, or any other that will work on my pc. THANXX AGAIN.!!!!! :))

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
see still your post is cryptic - what did you meant by
IBM cpu wid 800 MHz 512mb of ram

I wanted to know the brand name of your cpu - is it Intel or AMD ?

Also if your ram is DDR ( most agp mobos has DDR rams ) there's no way it's speed ius 800 MHz.

How come you've played NFS carbon with
128mb nvidia geforce mx4000
. The card is not supported.

Here's the carbon's minimum system requirements

A video card with 64 MB memory and one of these chipsets is required:
NVIDIA GeForce3 / NVIDIA GeForce4 (Ti series only) / ATI Radeon 8500.
Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.

BTW, try Bloodrayne & Fantastic 4 :p

hunterzz

HEY topgear,
my cpu is intel pentium 3, ram not ddr.

I've already played fantastic 4 & bloodrayne( THANX ANYWAY).

If im still cryptic (if i am) , just tell me the games working wid 128mb graphix.

THANXX ONCE MORE :))

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now I can suggest you more :p

Have you played The Punisher

try that out :

Here's the requirements :

Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
Pentium III or Athlon XP 1GHz Processor
128MB RAM
64MB DirectX comaptible AGP Video Card with Hardware T&L
DirectX compatible Sound Card
DirectX 8.1
2GB Hard Disk Space
Keyboard
Mouse

hunterzz

THANXX topgear , ill try that out .
OH and by the way I was wondering if Far Cry , marvel ultimate alliance, cod-mordern warfare 1 will work.
THANXX for UR HELP ...!!! ;)

Top Bottom