Will this game run on this configuration?

ajai5777

Youngling
Sorry for being little offtopic,
@nvidiageek
me having the almost same rig as urs.How do u overclock in intels board? Overclocking p4 will produce betr results? Pls reply me in overclocking thread.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
This s my configuration P4 3.06GHz,2GB RAM,7600GT.After i install GTA IV, click the Launch GTA IV it shows an error says FATAL ERROR . I suspect it may be because of short of minimum requirements. Am i rite?
I dont have Service Pack 3 installed on my system. Does it neccessary to play the game?

I also heard that the game will run on 7600 cards but with lot of hiccups,but i dont care about that. Please let me know whats the problem.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^What about this, is ur copy of the game original?

If not, when u asked for it.

If yes, y did u buy this game when minimum is a 7900GT?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
BUT nvidiageeks p4 on intels board (same as of me) OCed to 3.2 from 3ghz HOW??

It's easy just know the PLL number of your MoBo. And download SetFSB and increase it by just 5fsb. Don't increase the FSB too much!! Your system might hang :cool:

AFAIK, you cant OC on an original Intel board.

Yes, we can! :D. Really :cool:. I O.Ced the P4 HT to just 3.2GHz. It [Intel MoBo] can't take too much O.Cing :mad:

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
This s my configuration P4 3.06GHz,2GB RAM,7600GT.After i install GTA IV, click the Launch GTA IV it shows an error says FATAL ERROR . I suspect it may be because of short of minimum requirements. Am i rite?
I dont have Service Pack 3 installed on my system. Does it neccessary to play the game?

I also heard that the game will run on 7600 cards but with lot of hiccups,but i dont care about that. Please let me know whats the problem.

You will get that error without SP3. SP3 is required to even launch it.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^What about this, is ur copy of the game original?

If not, when u asked for it.

If yes, y did u buy this game when minimum is a 7900GT?

Yes,my copy of game is original..

I just dont want eye candy. I want to play that.Just it.So that i purchased the game.

You will get that error without SP3. SP3 is required to even launch it.

Oh ! Finally what i suspected was true? But the SP3 was 316MB and i have to download it to play the game. Anyway i'll download SP3 and give it a try.

comp@ddict

BUT nvidiageeks p4 on intels board (same as of me) OCed to 3.2 from 3ghz HOW??
Software OC.

I did that too, but past 3.2GHz, unstable

Well, there must be a problem in ur downloaded installation files.

will Counterstrike: Source; Condition Zero; CS1.6; Battlefield 2; Call of Duty 4 run on my 128MB Intel 82945G Chipset, 3 GB RAM, 2.0GHZ C2D E7200?? Can u suggest any other FPS's tht will run??

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
But wid hell lotta problems

I dont wanna pick a fight with you but have you played it yet ? I did not find ANY damn problem in the game. It runs fine on Med/High and looks spectacular. Sure AA had given it a better touch but still it's not a big fault. Atleast I dont care for the graphics when I am being shot at by a truckload of goons :D.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Finally after i instal the SP3 the game works fine. Its doesnt let my expectations down and eventhough without eye candy i love this game..

Sure GTA 4 rocks and worth wait..

comp@ddict

Yes it is a rocker, and the game works even faster on a x64 XP to say the truth, much faster than any tweaked Vista x64 ULTIMATE too

Top Bottom