Will Seasonic S12II 520w support Intel Core i5 4670S(Haswell) ?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hai,

I just want to know whether Seasonic S12II 520w support Intel Core i5 4670S Processor or not(Haswell) ?

Please reply...

Thanks,
bssunil

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
off course it will

According to Intel's presentation at IDF, the new Haswell processors enter a sleep state called C7 that can drop processor power usage as low as 0.05A. Even if the sleeping CPU is the only load on the +12V rail, most power supplies can handle a load this low. The potential problem comes up when there is still a substantial load on the power supply's non-primary rails (the +3.3V and +5V). If the load on these non-primary rails are above a certain threshold (which varies by PSU), the +12V can go out of spec (voltages greater than +12.6V). If the +12V is out of spec when the motherboard comes out of the sleep state, the PSU's protection may prevent the PSU from running and will cause the power supply to "latch off". This will require the user to cycle the power on their power supply using the power switch on the back of the unit.

Should I go with Corsair CX600 which is a Haswell ready PSU.Please reply.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
According to Intel's presentation at IDF, the new Haswell processors enter a sleep state called C7 that can drop processor power usage as low as 0.05A. Even if the sleeping CPU is the only load on the +12V rail, most power supplies can handle a load this low. The potential problem comes up when there is still a substantial load on the power supply's non-primary rails (the +3.3V and +5V). If the load on these non-primary rails are above a certain threshold (which varies by PSU), the +12V can go out of spec (voltages greater than +12.6V). If the +12V is out of spec when the motherboard comes out of the sleep state, the PSU's protection may prevent the PSU from running and will cause the power supply to "latch off". This will require the user to cycle the power on their power supply using the power switch on the back of the unit.

Should I go with Corsair CX600 which is a Haswell ready PSU.Please reply.

so will a antec vp550p support 4690k

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
just make sure that C6/C7 support in BIOS is disabled & all will be fine,power saving for it is insignificant anyway for an average user in India.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
if anyone is worried avout haswell compatibility with lower end psus, first do what [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] said. anyway most mobo comes with those sleep states disabled. or else there is another workaround by simply connecting a cabinet fan directly to the psu. this will help to keep the system running in advanced power saving mode.

Top Bottom