Will corsair VS 450 work fine with amd 270x toxic boost?

srjsrajan

Broken In
I am in tight budget and i bought a new gpu sapphire amd R9 270x toxic boost oc , will my psu corsair vs 450 be able to handle it?
My full pc config are

Amd fx 6300 cpu
Corsair vs450 psu
Sapphire amd r9 270x toxic boost
Corsair value select 4gb 2x
Asus m5a 78l-m lx v2 mobo.
Dell s2440l 24" monitor .

No. You can use this tool to get recommended PSU wattage required: eXtreme Power Supply Calculator.

It comes out to be 480 W which is well beyond your PSU's max rated Wattage. Additionally, that PSU is not a very god one is is not recommended anyways to be used with any powerful graphic card or CPU.

OP
S

srjsrajan

Broken In
One is saying it will work other is saying it wont? Please guys give me one answer , if its gonna work with it thn it will be good for me as i dnt hav money to buy a new pau now.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I own a VS450, id recommend you get a 500w PSU..
Even though ive ran a HD 6870 and GTX 560 Ti which draws almost the same amount of power as a 270X for a month each, using a 450 w psu on a 480 w requirement is cutting it too close.. Get a 500w minimum and you will be fine

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
No. You can use this tool to get recommended PSU wattage required: eXtreme Power Supply Calculator.

It comes out to be 480 W which is well beyond your PSU's max rated Wattage. Additionally, that PSU is not a very god one is is not recommended anyways to be used with any powerful graphic card or CPU.

although not a bad power supply calculator, it is always better to listen for reviews rather than this.
AnandTech Portal | The AMD Radeon R9 270X & R9 270 Review: Feat. Asus & HIS

vs450 should handle it without any problem.
@op, just dont overclock anything.

Techguy

In the zone
The VS450 should be fine in terms of wattage.. but get a better PSU (quality).. like the CX430v2 or the Antec VP450P

Seasonic 430 would be good.. but it's expensive

Nerevarine

Incarnate
If you already have a VS450, then you neednt buy anything close to it.. Save up and buy a higher end PSU (and sell your current one) when you can..
A VS450 WILL handle the card but like i said, itll be cutting it close.. DOnt OC anything and you will be fine
Happy Gaming

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
I've another PC with Seasonic SS400BT running with Core i3 3220 and GTX 560 which is definitely more power hungry than your setup and its running fine since more than 6 months without problem, though havent overclocked gpu at all. I've once tested my GTX 670 with that system for 1 week and it didn't sweat. I was checking the outtake air and it didn't feel hot or overloaded. So your PSU will definitely hold the ground unless you overclock it.

@OP, your system will consume less than 300W for sure ( as shown by Kill-a-watt meter for my pc ) so, you're fine by all means.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
The VS 450 12V rail is 22 amps, giving 244 watts at max.
is your system gonna be below 244 watts at all time?

your CPU has a TDP of 95 watts, and the GPU of 170 watts, making a total of about 265 watts for these two components only.

theoretically, the system would run fine and boot to desktop.
but once you start stressing your system (gaming) , there's a good chance its gonna BSOD or probably worse.
so are you willing to risk it?

sorry, it was a bad decision trusting just the voltage rating without checking he amperage on +12v rail.

i'd suggest you sell the VS 450 locally/online
and get a better/pricier PSU with a beefier +12v Rail.

do not go by wattage,
your vs450(22) cannot power your system,
while my VX450(33A) can, so amperage matters.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

your CPU has a TDP of 95 watts, and the GPU of 170 watts, making a total of about 265 watts for these two components only.

theoretically, the system would run fine and boot to desktop.
but once you start stressing your system (gaming) , there's a good chance its gonna BSOD or probably worse.
so are you willing to risk it?

sorry, it was a bad decision trusting just the voltage rating without checking he amperage on +12v rail.

i'd suggest you sell the VS 450 locally/online
and get a better/pricier PSU with a beefier +12v Rail.

do not go by wattage,
your vs450(22) cannot power your system,
while my VX450(33A) can, so amperage matters.

it is 34A on 12V rail for newer vs450....

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
it is 34A on 12V rail for newer vs450....
Ramguy said its 22Amp, so I'm gonna believe that.

but, if it really is 34Amp, then no reason it won't be fine with a 270x
34*12=408Watts>(CPU(95)+GPU(170))

check the box that came with PSU, what does it say under +12V in specifications?

OP
S

srjsrajan

Broken In
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392753954.227045.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392753967.759313.jpg

Guyz there are 2 vs 450's one is red vs 450 which has 34 Amp and one is green 450 which has 21 Amp ... And sadly mine is green

~snipped~

TDP is NOT power consumption.

> The 480 W recommendation from the online tool was for the system running at 90% load (for all parts), which isn't likely to occur. So wattage wise, VS450 might be able to run OP's system with unoverclocked CPU and GPU. But, as VS450 is not a very good PSU to be used with such systems, it is recommended to upgrade the PSU to quality one with 500 W or higher capacity.

Top Bottom