Will a DVD Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Will a DVD or Dual Layer DVD Writer work on a computer with Pentum 3 500Mhz, 256MB RAM and OS Windows XP?
:?:

varkey

Journeyman
it will be bit slow in burning thts all. in my old machine took abt 11-12 min to burn a full dvd and now in the new mchine it takes only abt 6-7 min.

but anyway it shud work

Third Eye

gooby pls
nilesh.3892 said:
Will a DVD or Dual Layer DVD Writer work on a computer with Pentum 3 500Mhz, 256MB RAM and OS Windows XP?
:?:

Yeah you can run it without any problem.

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
if time not issue while burning DVD's it should do fine..but then do not try to compare times with other ;)

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Just before clicking the burn button, bring up the task manager, goto processes and shut down all those programs like anivirus, media players, utilities which are eating up the memory, and all those tasks which reside in the system tray. At the end shutdown explorer too. Then, go on to write your DVD. It should go fine by now. While writing leave the computer idle.

In my old system, I used to startup in safe mode when writing a DVD:)

vinyas

In the zone
Lucky_star said:
Just before clicking the burn button, bring up the task manager, goto processes and shut down all those programs like anivirus, media players, utilities which are eating up the memory, and all those tasks which reside in the system tray. At the end shutdown explorer too. Then, go on to write your DVD. It should go fine by now. While writing leave the computer idle.

In my old system, I used to startup in safe mode when writing a DVD:)

Totally Agree with u... Give the MAX system Resources To the Burning ... Best If u could all To it ..

Also Burn @ Slowest speed Possible ... Thats the key to Not to get a Coaster on a Slow system

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Hey! Vinyas, I don't have a DVD Writer.

Don't give me suggestions to how to burn DVD(s) because I was just planning to purchase one. I think ur suggesstions will work bcause I have tried it with Handycam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom