Wii 2 to come in 2010 with Blu-ray, fullHD support; new 4-inch DSi this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewsBytes

In the zone

The Nintendo rumour mills are working overtime, folks! Two hot new leaks suggest that the next iteration of the ultra-popular Nintendo Wii, the Wii 2, will be released next year and come with loads of new goodies. And as for those who like their portable gaming, the DS is set to get bigger and better then ever before!

Wii 2 with Blu-Ray, fullHD
If you have been wondering how Nintendo plans on topping its highest-selling console yet, here’s a thought: how about pumping up the low ...

To read the full news article, click here

techteen

Broken In
This is a nice exclusive we have here at MaxConsole courtesy of Artik from www.Logic-sunrise.com on the Wii 2. The actual information is said to have been leaked from an internal source of the marketing Nintendo France Service. Unlucky for them, this kind of information should stay internal, but that's not our philosophy.

- The Wii2 system will feature a Blu-Ray drive with a secondary aim of stopping piracy.
- 1080P and lower resolutions will be supported, for blu-ray movies and games.
- The release date is scheduled for third quarter of 2010.
- The release will be worldwide and on the same day for all countries.
- A scheme will be available in which it is possible to trade in the original Wii for a cheaper price on the new Wii 2.

Moreover, Nintendo wants to make a worlwide annoucement, only one month before release date. Huge publicity and Viral Marketing will be utilized to create the Buzz. Official pictures are not yet available, and more specs will be released in due course.

Why do we believe it at all ?

* Artik from Logic-Sunrise.com has regularly provided news to MaxConsole and has a lot of 'insider' contacts.

* Nintendo has suggested that it's time they embraced high definition technology for the Wii and Blu-ray has firmly established itself. So a Wii 2 with Blu-ray support does make sense.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Well Wii-2 will come for sure, but I think it will be in late 2010, thats I say 3rd quarter of 2010,and when it will come it will be dead expensive and people will tend to buy the Wii itself. HD is neded for high end tvs only, we inindia mostly have low size lcds only.
also,
I think Nitendo is looking at selling Wii and wii-2 together in future, so I think it will be in 2011 only.

what you say!

regards
roll

techteen

Broken In
The wii 2 will be released in Q3 of 2010.
It is going to be HD to reduce piracy.
The current Wii owners will get a discount on the Wii 2.

arkadeep

Broken In
not very likely

Wii will not have a successor soon
This has been confirmed the American marketing manager for the company.

Leon Daniel Ferrer 25/02/10

Cammie Dunaway, chief marketing officer of Nintendo in the U.S., has made clear it will not have a successor to Nintendo's current console in a relatively close.

"Nintendo is always trying to innovate, and I can ensure you are working on new hardware for a new console, but we can not promise dates and only you will be informed when we know something more"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom