Wifi speed slow in mobile but works fine in laptop

veravera

Right off the assembly line
For a month now, I've been facing the same issue. The wifi speed in my mobile phone is too slow; but it works just fine in my laptop. I've tried rebooting, resetting the modem and router. Rebooting and updating my phone android OS, but nothing worked. I don't know what to do. I contacted the guy who installed the wifi connection, but he too wasn't of any help. I don't know much bout it either.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Please provide us more details like what internet plan you are using and which phone with android version.
what is the download/upload speed you see on speed test (dot) net on laptop and phone?

Do answer the above questions. Also mention if you are using LAN on laptop or WiFi.

I have BSNL FTTH at my parent's place & they got a Net gear modem with 2 antennas. It was shit, I would get good speeds in speed test on phone but not while browsing, like it would go up to 300-500KBps (my connection is 80Mbps, so up to 10MBps is possible). I just put a different router for WiFi to get better speeds, I had a cheap TP Link router at my home. I still don't get full 80Mbps on WiFi, likely needs a better router.

Top Bottom