wifi link over 30 kms air distance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r.cook

Right off the assembly line
hello everyone
i have this problem as follows..
my site (stone crusher) is located some 30 kms air distance(actual road distance is about 53 kms,air distance calculated using gps meter) from my home.
Now i want to keep an eye on whats going on at the site without having to go there daily.
Is it possible to hook up ,say , some 4 cctvs to a standalone dvr(with hdd for recording), the attach the dvr somehow(use an rj45?) to (some kind of a) wifi device?
After that use a similar wifi device to access the one at my site and view the situation there?
Is all this possible?
2nd alternative is to use an ip camera,BUT, since there is no connectivity of any kind at the site(no landlines,no mobile networks)so....
please kindly make your suggestion..
thank u in advance.....

slugger

Banned
30 Kms of Wi-fi not possible

do u have telephone line @ ur site

if yes then u can always get a dial-up connexion
eset the sw to transimit the vdo @ extremely low framerates [almost a slideshow].

if even tat is not a possibilty then think of a satellite internet connection [refer to last months fast track] - tho nt sure about which ISP provides service in India

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
If you can invest on long term networking solutions, u can install a dish antenna based wireless network. i am not sure what they call it, but i have surely seen dish antennas on the Delhi metro sites which connect them to the DMRC headoffice.
it's based on radio network

i searched on google for solutions..
look this
*www.radiolabs.com/Articles/wifi-antenna.html
or
u can contact the ppl there to tell you if it's possiable or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom