Wifi Extender suggestion 1-1.5K

cooldude94

Journeyman
I have jio fiber modem/router installed in 1 room, the signal is weak in one of the far away room. I have installwd a LAN cable between the two rooms. Please suggest a wifi extender that will be used just to provide signal in that room. Looking for some affordable options.

Will this work?
D-Link DIR-615 Wi-fi Ethernet-N300 Single_band 300Mbps Router, Mobile App Support, Router | AP | Repeater | Client Modes(Black) costs 800.

bubusam13

Human
Donot buy 300Mbps one if you are using 5GHz network. You will not get optimal speed.

I am using this one for my parents, cheaper and works flawlessly. MERCUSYS AC1200 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender

In my second home, I am sometime use an old TPlink router in bridge mode.

Last edited:
A cheap 2nd router will surely be a good cheap option as you have LAN wire in 2nd room, but you will have 2 different wifi connections under same roof.

OP
C

cooldude94

Journeyman
Donot buy 300Mbps one if you are using 5GHz network. You will not get optimal speed.

I am using this one for my parents, cheaper and works flawlessly. MERCUSYS AC1200 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender

In my second home, I am sometime use an old TPlink router in bridge mode.
I only have 150 mbps speed connection, and am looking to connect second router via lan. will 5Ghz still benefit me?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
One query guys,

My Network setup with Alliance Broadband is:--->

MATCH-EB-LINK(XPON ONU) Modem + Tp-Link Archer C6(WiFi Router)

Now, I have a Tp-Link RE200 Range Extender/Repeater configured and connected with this Network setup.

Can I use another Range Extender by Tp-Link or Netgear or any other manufacturer that will be connected (-and configured) by the Setup network(Archer C6 router) and use it?

Or will the existing RE200 interfere in the networking?

kg11sgbg

How about this:--->

Nepstech XPON ONU Router

for my Alliance BB connection?

kg11sgbg

ONU router are meant for optical fiber connection so their compatibility with your existing optical fiber ISP can only be confirmed by either ISP or experimenting first.
Actually Alliance BB users(like me) use XPON based router for Fibre network.This was confirmed through my local cable vendor and also Alliance BB themselves.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually Alliance BB users(like me) use XPON based router for Fibre network.This was confirmed through my local cable vendor and also Alliance BB themselves.
So why do you want this specific router, is the one given by alliance not working well?

P.S. Due to serious forum spam affecting google page rank of even digit main site, the admin has disabled posting links here so when posting a link copy paste the portion after https & post it like www.testlink.com

kg11sgbg

Ultimately,purchased a new XPON ONU Router from Amazon.
It is a DIGISOL DG-GR6821AC router.
Everything is functioning fine

This is that router
www.digisol.com

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ultimately,purchased a new XPON ONU Router from Amazon.
It is a DIGISOL DG-GR6821AC router.
Everything is functioning fine

This is that router
www.digisol.com
That's good. Any specific advantage of this router over ISP provided router?

Digisol.com is just website of manufacturer, were you unable to post the exact product link after removing www?

kg11sgbg

That's good. Any specific advantage of this router over ISP provided router?

Digisol.com is just website of manufacturer, were you unable to post the exact product link after removing www?
Actually router provided by Alliance was only a xpon onu (line based) router.
For your second part,I wanted to provide the link as per your ,P.S. suggestions/instructionts. But am unable to do that.
Let me try once more.

Sorry,Friend unable to post through "insert link" category.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually router provided by Alliance was only a xpon onu (line based) router.
For your second part,I wanted to provide the link as per your ,P.S. suggestions/instructionts. But am unable to do that.
Let me try once more.

Sorry,Friend unable to post through "insert link" category.
Don't "insert link", simply copy paste the link first in notepad then remove everything in front of www & then paste that modified link from notepad in post here.

kg11sgbg

Don't "insert link", simply copy paste the link first in notepad then remove everything in front of www & then paste that modified link from notepad in post here.
Okay, I got you.
www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09LCGX9DC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But,again, I fail.

Top Bottom